King to Miami - confirmed

I’m sure we’ve all been in situations where we could’ve handled things better. And, I know I’ve lied at least once or twice in my lifetime. Sorry, that’s a lie, it’s probably more than once or twice in my 70 years. I’ll be even been known to change my mind-said one thing, thought better or the situation changed and as a result changed my mind. My kids reminded me of that several times as they grew up. Fun watching them now parenting.
Would have been an interesting scenario had King come out and said, “I can’t play for this coach” week 5. Instead he remained quite. See: Altuve and Bergman’s responses to cheating.

King is a liar. That is all.

3 Likes

To me this school choice just screams “I want a starting job guaranteed.” Great way to convince the NFL scouts you’re worthy.

1 Like

Still am vexed why fellow Coogs want to slam his abilities. Had he stayed here, you wouldn’t post something like this. I don’t like that he left, but this kind of post I think is uncalled for.

10 Likes

King is an alumnus of UH and I wish him success at the U. If he fits their system, we know he can be really good. I hold no ill will for the guy. I can’t say the same for his dad.

8 Likes

Well said Larry.

Life’s too short to be upset about something like this. If this really hurts you that much you’re living a very charmed life.

2 Likes

Miami gave us D’onofrio. We gave the U D’eriq King.

I’d say we got the wrong end of that deal.

6 Likes

My source was wrong on LSU. It all made sense: source said LSU, waiting until the CFP was being played before announcing, the exposure (even if forced to move to WR)…it all made sense. Miami makes less sense…more than Arkansas but not by much.

Best of luck to him and my apologies for bad info.

No apology necessary, everyone has been playing the guessing game on this roller coaster ride.

This is what I was thinking when he didn’t declare his destination. Just waiting for the playoff to be done then he would announce LSU. When that didn’t happen I was perplexed. Miami came out of nowhere for me.

but it is greener over the septic tank

2 Likes

It’s called ‘the rough end of the pineapple’.

Not being a wise guy, just don’t know. Is there a chance he stays here?

Done deal. Too much damage inflicted in the relationship.

Did anyone check Miami’s schedule? It looks hella easy:

Management / supervisor changes are made every day. Even when one signs on under certain circumstances, those circumstances can change at the whim of the new m / s . . . . .

I count at least 5 losses

First game is against Temple.

This may also played a role in King’s decision.

I wish him well but I have long hated Miami of Miami.