King to Miami - confirmed

…and we used King.

5 Likes

Sure. It looks bad but I think it looks worse and there could be potentially worse consequences if our starting QB asks for a redshirt to develop better and take a run the following season and our coach says no, kicks him off the team and then he transfers. The consequences of him “getting played” aren’t really that bad either. It looks bad for a few days now and the speculation about King was probably a distraction during the season. But I don’t think it would have been a clean break during the season had Dana just kicked him out of the program. It’s probably a cleaner break now. None of his teammates seem to be wishing him well on his way out. I think they are probably done with him and ready to move on. Had Dana kicked him off the team my guess is plenty in the locker room would have second guessed that decision.

D’eriq and his father put Dana and the program in a bad situation. The only valid way to lay this on Dana here is if you want to blame his coaching for the 1-3 start and/or D’eriq’s regression last year.

2 Likes

Both Jarrin Williams and Tate Martell are at Miami.

Both were High School All Americans. 5 Star QB’s.

How did Diaz convince Mr. King that his son, with one Spring Training under his belt, will beat out both of those guys and thus be a 1 Year Wonder at Miami?

2 Likes

I mean hard to prove you’re good enough for the NFL by sitting on the bench. Of course he wants to go somewhere he’s getting the reigns.

Where we ranked passing or how many yards we threw has nothing to do with an offense being “Air Raid” or not.

And now both Williams and Martell will have one of the best QB coaches around. Who thinks there won’t be competition for the job?

King is not a Lock for the Miami QB job. Indeed he starts in 3rd place.

3 Likes

I don’t know a thing about Williams besides his ranking and such. I do know that Tate Martell had been a running joke from Miami fans for the past year or so now.

He’s the running joke for a lot of people. Kid is a drama queen

I think Tate’s sister has surpassed him in popularity thanks to Instagram.

2 Likes

King will warm the bench or play wide out. My money is on Jarren Willians winning the starting job.

That offense at UM was basically the worst offense I’ve ever seen. I think Lashlee and King can make huge strides for that sh$tshow. I think they will be much improved regardless of your sky is falling post.

Folks, it’s over, time to move on.

1 Like

None of their QBs were effective last year. Martell threw one pass and almost left the program a couple of times.

King is expected to be the guy there. He wouldn’t be there otherwise. HS recruiting rankings don’t matter anymore.

1 Like

Happened twice in two consecutive years . . . . . if memory serves . . . . .

I’m thinking the portal didn’t collapse on King with starting QB offers.

5 Likes

I agree, but several on this site are still looking for closure.

This is true. From what I’ve read, the entire offense was garbage.

• The OL was terrible and they return almost all of the two deep from last year.
  • They have a new OC - Rhett Lashlee from SMU - will he be able turn it around?
  • Were the very high rated QBs on the roster bad or was it a product of a bad OC and bad OL?
    I guess we will find out.

This is what they have on staff at Miami - QB
Peyton Matocha - 3 Star QB out of Houston - St Thomas - he will most likely never play at Miami

RS Junior N’Kosi Perry
247 Star/Rating: 4 Star .9218
High School: Widely regarded as one of the most dangerous dual-threat quarterbacks in the nation
…Consensus four-star quarterback by 247Sports, ESPN, Rivals and Scout
…Rated as the sixth-best quarterback at his position according to 247Sports
…Comes to Miami ranked No. 29 in the state of Florida by 247Sports
…Ranked No. 84 in the final ESPN300 rankings
…Earned a Top 300 PrepStar All-America ranking
…Received FHSAA 6A Player of the Year honors
…Helped guide Vanguard to an impressive 10-2 overall record during his senior season
…Totaled 24 touchdowns and completed 64 percent of his passes during his senior season
…Scored 43 total touchdowns with 11 coming on the ground during his junior season
…Threw for over 2,000 yards during his junior campaig
…Chose Miami over offers from Auburn, Georgia, Tennessee, Florida State and West Virginia.
Played in 19 games over the past two years.
Passing: 182-350 2136 21 TD 9 INT
Rushing: 99-213 3 TD

RS Junior Tate Martell
247 Star/Rating: 4 star .9739
High School: U.S. Army All-American and five-star quarterback by Scout
…Named national player of the year by three organizations as senior: Gatorade, MaxPreps, and USA Today
…Undefeated as starting quarterback (43-0) for coach Kenny Sanchez at Bishop Gorman, Martell threw for 7,507 yards and 113 touchdowns (and only nine interceptions) in his career, and he rushed for 2,294 yards with 35 more scores for team that was undefeated national champion each year he was starting quarterback
…Named first-team all-state all three years as starter
…Threw for 2,362 yards with 41 touchdowns and only one interception as senior in 2016
…Rushed for 1,257 yards and 21 TDs, and was named Southwest League Offensive MVP
…Was named No. 2 dual threat quarterback prospect in class by Rivals, 247Sports and Scout
…One of top-50 players nationally with Scout and Rivals, positioning him 27th and 39th overall, respectively.
At Ohio State:
Passing: 23-28 269 1 TD 0 INT
Rushing: 22-139 2 TD

RS Soph Jarren Williams
247 Star/Rating: 4 Star .9614
High School: Consensus four-star prospect by ESPN.com, 247Sports.com and Rivals.com
…Consensus top-10 quarterback by all three major scouting services
…Listed as nation’s No. 6 dual-threat passer and No. 17 overall recruit in Georgia by ESPN.com
…Rated as No. 7 dual-threat QB and No. 10 prospect in state of Georgia by 247Sports.com
…Ranked No. 8 dual-threat quarterback and No. 12 recruit in Georgia by Rivals.com
…Was named to 2017 Elite 11 roster - nation’s premier quarterback competition
…Ranked among top 300 recruits by ESPN.com
…Selected to 2018 U.S. Army All-American Bowl in San Antonio
…Completed 61 percent of his passes during senior campaign and threw for more than 3,000 yards and 28 touchdowns with just four interceptions
…Rushed for 554 yards and scored 10 touchdowns on ground during final season at Central Gwinnett
…Participated in The Opening in summer of 2017
…Received offers from 28 institutions
…Chose Miami over offers from Ohio State, Auburn, Kentucky, Alabama, Arizona State, Florida, Georgia, Louisville, LSU and Ohio State, among others.
Played in 13 games over the past two years
Passing: 170-279 2204 19 TD 7 INT
Rushing: 69- (66)

Freshman Tyler Van Dyke
247 Star/Rating: 4 Star .9185
High School: A consensus four-star prospect by ESPN, Rivals and 247 Composite
…Ranked No. 105 nationally in the ESPN300
…Rated the No. 2 pro-style quarterback nationally and top player in Connecticut by ESPN
…Listed as the No. 9 pro-style QB nationally and No. 2 player in the state by 247 Composite
…Ranked No. 209 in the 247 Composite Top247
…Rated the No. 8 pro-style quarterback nationally and No. 2 player in Connecticut by Rivals
…Listed as the No. 199 player in the Rival Top 250
…Helped lead Suffield Academy to an undefeated season and the NEPSAC Class A Championship
…Finished the 2019 season with 2,260 passing yards and 21 touchdowns while completing 123 of his 200 pass attempts
…Totaled over 4,600 passing yards and 39 passing touchdowns over final two varsity seasons
…Was named 2019 New England Prep Player of the Year and First Team All-New England in 2018 and 2019
…Chose Miami over offers from Michigan, Boston College, Cal, Colorado, Duke, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, Louisville, Michigan State, Minnesota, NC State, Oklahoma State, Pitt, Purdue, Rutgers, Syracuse, UCLA, Vanderbilt and Wisconsin, among others.

1 Like

Oh my . That’s lot research done for another school that Coogfans have no interest in.

5 Likes

That’s pretty close to zero research. It is all in one place.

2 Likes