King to Miami - confirmed

I respectfully disagree. When the “Air RAID” offense is being run it’s pass happy, not run oriented. Maybe next year we will run it, but if you watched the Coog’s last year you understand that we were running the ball to take time off the clock and get through the game. We didn’t throw the ball down field very often. Speedsters longest TD were actually short passes that he took to the house. Also, please note the screen passes with lineman downfield that Leach ran at Wash St. We didn’t see those plays and they are staples of the Air RAID.

So Miami will reportedly have the following prospects at QB this season:

1 - RS-Senior (3*) - Texas HS - signed w/UH (over TCU, et al)
1 - RS Junior (4*) - Florida HS - signed w/Ohio State
1 - RS Junior (4*) - Florida HS - signed w/Miami (over Georgia, Auburn, Tennessee, et al)
1 - RS Soph (4*) - Georgia HS - signed w/Miami (over Ohio State, Alabama, LSU, et al)
1 - Freshman (4*) - Connecticut HS - signed w/Miami (over Michigan, Wisconsin, UCLA, et al)

If true, then it seems you have to wonder if D’Eriq will even see the field as a QB at Miami.

Alrighty. Well then good job on copy/paste then. :wink:

1 Like

The Air Raid doesn’t have to be 70% passing. It is a collection of passing game concepts, that is all. I can list them if you want to know them. It doesn’t have that much to do with the run/pass ratio.

1 Like

nice find…look like lots of competition for King and those guys are already there and into the system…

I made this point earlier as well.

Look at Oklahoma State in 2019. They are still an Air Raid offense too.

2 Likes

IF he gets accurate, he will.
If he does not, he might but it won’t be for long.

1 Like

Is Lashlee changing the system?

Chad Morris brought in two QBs. SMU’s previous starter, like DK, and the A&M backup. They also had John Stephen Jones and a 4 star freshman from MS. No one emerged.

This thread is essentially dead, but just a related event, Williams is transferring out of Miami. So King’s competition for starting QB just got easier.

Is he good? Maybe he can come here.

1 Like

6-2, dual threat…sure…come on over…worth a shot.

Did you see Miami offense this year…wasn’t pretty. He started like 10 games. Holgy can do way better than that hopefully when looking for future COOG QB’s.

Please no…this guy, bless his heart, was terrible. He will do just fine somewhere else.

QB’s aren’t like seasonings in the pantry , where u just throw little this, little that in the pot! :fearful:.
They are the main ingredient, got to make sure it’s good b4 you cook it!!

That’s why when people started naming off reasons (highly rated QBs) why King would not start in Miami, I laughed. Every one of those Miami QBs are terrible and overrated! King, for the most part is underrated and was properly evaluated. He’s clearly starting and the other guys will move around to other schools.

However, in their defense, Miami had an offensive line worse than ours. It mainly had to do with them starting two true-freshmen OTs. King might have two sophomores protecting the edge of the pocket. He needs to make fast reads. Lucky for him, the first read in Lashlee’s offense is the deepest read (Air Raid concept). His deep ball is supposed to be his bread and butter. After last year, we’ll see. Where I think he was messing up was the shallow crosses and the option routes; Lashlee runs a lot of that, so that part of “scheme fit not being good” is sure to follow.

2 Likes

I heard Tate Martell has been seen listening to eye of the tiger on repeat and wearing short shorts with long socks.

King better start practicing his route running.

3 Likes

Opposing defensive coordinators if that O-Line can’t learn to block:

2 Likes

We RS linemen, what was Miami’s excuse?

1 Like

I think the gist of the question posed was:
Was it the poor QB, the poor OC coordination or the poor OL?

With the follow ups being:
Will Lashlee be able to whip it into shape?
and
Will the OL be better?

If it was just poor offensive game planning and coordination, any of those highly rated QBs could possibly be a lot better in Lashlee’s offense.

We’ll see. If King doesn’t get more accurate, he won’t look so great either.

2 Likes

If he can’t shine as a quarterback he can always move to receiver…frankly, and I could be wrong, we have several receivers here better than him…so he probably made the right choice…

1 Like