King

After listening to the press conference, I’m pretty sure they put a lot of Allen’s performance on the bad snaps. Does anyone on here record the games? It would be interesting to see if the bulk of Allen’s bad plays started with bad snaps.

This is all very true. There’s a part of me that wonders if we’d even be having the Allen/Postma argument had that awful first throw from post a gone back for six like it should have.

Thanks to Pray’s thread, you can see the first pick was a low snap. However, it did not cause the pick. You could say it messed up timing, but doesn’t a QB have to realize that his throw wont get there in time and look at a different option?

1 Like

There was an exorbitant amount of low snaps … just a lot of execution errors on offense all around.

1 Like

Pray & YouTube

There is a difference between being a cause of a pick and being part of the cause. As Applewhite mentioned, low snaps means you take your eyes off the defense. So Allen’s choices were to run with it, take a sack, throw the ball away or attempt to read the defense and make a play. I’m pretty sure 90% of decent/competitive QBs don’t have the heart to give up on a play because of a bad snap. It doesn’t excuse the interception but the coaches need to address all 3 QB’s on what to do with bad snaps and then hold them responsible for the decisions they make after it’s been addressed. Applewhite said the bad snaps were a surprise to him because they haven’t had that problem until the Tech game.

Allen had a double edged sword on what to do. He either had to deal with the snaps the best he could or he had to go to the coaches and complain about the snaps. The problem with complaining about the snaps is that you come off looking like you are making excuses so Allen probably hoped the coaching staff would notice on their own. Since Applewhite didn’t address it after the game, chances are the coaches did not notice until they watched the tape. That definitely falls on the coaching staff not to notice if it happened more than a few times.

1 Like

I think it’s already been uploaded to YouTube. It was posted on here in one of the threads

It made it tougher on him, but it was not that bad. His pre snap read should have showed him that the two receivers to the right would be the best option and he even looks that way first.

Lots of people telling me about looking at Pray’s video on youtube and the links in another thread. All i see is the gif thread. Can someone post me a link to the actual video?

Go to 1:51:30 for the 2nd pick. I wouldn’t really call that a low snap, not great though. That pick was just a bad decision trying to squeeze it in after making a good play getting out of the pocket.

Looking at the first pick, the snap definitely shouldn’t have affected the read. The linebacker was standing in the same spot before and after the snap before he broke on the pass. Not a big fan of the routes they were running on the left side either. Both of them moving in just made the outside linebackers job easier. If they are both going to break inside, they can’t be at the same depth and just a few yards apart like that.

2 Likes

I agree completely. After KA’s last turnover, he should have been benched. That was at about 9:00 left in the 3rd. Here’s is what CMA said at the pre-camp presser about the QB role and particularly King. Jump to 7:00.

Based on what he says here no way should Allen start vs Temple. Question: If King starts, who’s #2? What if Postma starts?

After seeing Allen, I am fine with either King or Postma.
Nothing against Allen. He is just a bad fit for this style of O