Knight Commission: Separate I-FBS football from the NCAA

This is exactly what I read in the article.

1 Like

Saban is getting a hungrier kid and if he goes as far as texas they want to be at an Alabama like the episcopal kid and others in the past. The kids from the Deep South ain’t living like we are in Texas

When UT was at its peak with Mack - you had country kids with chips on their shoulders like sweed and several HISD guys with an edge like VY, William Winston, the linebacker from Lamar, Orapko, etc. even though the Lamar kids went there they came from other places from the hood. You had talented but hungry folks. As those schools began to decline and teams recruiting suburban kids it’s not hard to see the difference.

You go to Bridgelands HS and see their turf fields, $300k houses, 3 story brand new schools, etc. you already spoiled so you gotta really get to the bottom in the recruiting process. The ones that get to UT and succeed get coddled and struggle away from Austin when the lights turn off so they always come back to relive past glory. Thank god for the longhorn network so they can be relevant lol

2 Likes

They made clear that the separation from the NCAA was for FBS as a whole, but there was also talk in the article that this could be “an off-ramp” for some of the schools that are less competitive at the moment. I assume that’d be the MAC, and probably the Sun Belt and maybe C-USA.

Just imagine if the MAC were forced to drop to I-FCS!

1 Like

I mean, per NCAA bylaws, most of their schools should have been forced to FCS years ago for low attendance.

Here’s an espn article recently on conference expansion that would make sense and bc of covid, they want regional conferences and games that matter to that region.

They also mentioned why they don’t want just the p5 conferences to split off. It’s because at first everyone would be excited for their p5 team but over time some power programs would start to lose and lose the fan base interest and it wouldn’t allow for programs to rise and fall like with what you have now. The competition would cause too many loses and fans like wins. Basically they want all or most of the 130 fbs teams for wins and rising and falling. Fla st’s Bobby Bowden said we would have never been that good in the sec so they stayed in the AAC and made that great run of top 5 finishes etc.I don’t think that conf.s will change like this but it suggests they do want most of the fbs for various reasons.

1 Like

Interesting idea!

Like how Rice gets relegated to I-FCS! The whole MAC would get demoted as well!

1 Like

Can’t cash out on the AAC being on ESPN+ without the G5 designation. ESPN knows exactly what they’re doing by continuously leaving the AAC out of the annual invitational.

1 Like

College Football is like boxing, people pay for the matchup. Yes they like to see an occasional underdog but they really pay for Ali v Frazier.

So a P5 school is one of two things, either they are Ali or Frazier or they are tomato cans that draw well even when they lose.

We don’t draw well when we lose, so we aren’t good tomato cans.

1 Like

I view public universities as quasi government entities. One of the golden rules in government is to try not to have redundancies where two governmental bodies are doing the same thing. Having a separate apparatus just for football strikes me as being very inefficient.

“A commission of college athletics leaders”
Who are they, name them dan murphy. That is your job as a so called reporter.

What the blip is this?
This is clearly another power play from the P5 cartel.
The article does mention kicking out the G5’s from what the P5 cartel is trying to do. This is a G5 “get the blip out here” disguised as best as they can.

Moreover

"recommended Thursday that the best way to repair the NCAA’s “broken governance model” is to remove the teams of the Football Bowl Subdivision from the association, forcing the top level of college football to govern itself as a separate entity?

Who do you think that will be?

Again what’s the blip is this?

knight commission co-chair?
Again and again who the blip are they?
A special secret organization that meets every Wednesday in the back room at the local 7-Eleven?

This is unreal to read this. Who do they think they are? They are clearly putting in a clear path for another power play.

Read between the lines.
“They met with the ncaa president
then they plan to present their findings to other ncaa members”
How does this translate in plain English.

G5’s and others get the blip out of here.
or better illustrated with

G5 Snakes to P5 Johnny
This reminds me of

P5 Johnny to G5 Snakes
Keep the change you filthy animal

Read between the lines you filthy animals
meaning us. As soon as the NYE G5 contract is up we/the filthy animals G5’s won’t be ALLOWED to keep the change.

The blah, blah that follows read like a pre-drafted deposition design to prove without any shadow of a doubt that we the G5’s are indeed FILTHY ANIMALS

The 7’Eleven Grand Master has the audacity, petulance to follow up with
" a shake-up of the NCAA’s current model is long overdue"

He continues with
“It’s absolutely in the NCAA’s interest to control their own fate and to lead. I don’t want to say this is their last opportunity to do that, but I will say they are running out of time.”

Is that a threat or is that a threat?

Finally he concludes with
“Duncan and the Knight Commission say the plan they laid out to the NCAA provides the best path for the association to make needed changes while also keeping control of its future”

This is unreal. They, the P5 cartel think we are idiots, degenerates, DEPLORABLES and that we are going to quietly lay down?

The G5’s have done it once
What makes you think they won’t do it again.

YOU FILTHY ANIMALS

I wish I had come up with this one but I did not.

3 Likes

Darn, I guess I was wrong. I thought there was a 150 character limit on post.
:rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah
but he’s not wrong

1 Like

I had to Ron. I can’t stand that we are taken for idiots, fools, deplorables and filthy animals.
The P5 cartel media like espn and others need to be called for that they are. Propagandists they are.
They keep force feeding the P5 vs G5 narrative. Their goal is for the common public to believe it. They are on the verge of succeeding. All of these “moves” are to prepare the deplorables for “Your NY Eve Bowl contract has expired”

2 Likes

At this point I think the best case for us is P5+2, with the AAC and MWC conferences basically being the last two in and the other three kind of falling by the wayside. We’d be junior partners, to say the least, but I think this is more likely than getting a P5 invite at this point.