KU next domino?

And I would have to think if UT is Abad conference mate politically, how crappy would notre dame be with their sense of entitlement?

1 Like

Also everyone keeps talking about these huge buyouts and payouts to leave. Does anyone ever actually write a check to these schools or is it like health insurance and hospitals? Just keeps going back and forth until it settles for some random amount? And who actually benefits from the money?

If UT and OU surrender 3 years of GOR money to join the sec, does anyone ever really feel that? Is it like a coaches buyout? I mean what did UH specifically buy or benefit from the Herman money?

Purdue would become a conference game, and they could still play USC and Stanford out of conference.

Why Navy agrees to an annual butt stomping by the Irish is curious.

Yes, but who goes with them? I think Colorado…Very disaffected with PAC 12

https://twitter.com/247sports/status/1419122832492072960?s=21

1 Like

Could be someone forgot to mention to the Jayhawks that they need $$80 million$$ in loose change in order to exit the Big12 … ouch … surely the folks in Wichita Topeka and the SantaFe (oops wrong state) have that much in their pockets …

2 Likes

I think it’s also because it’s way early for the B1G to be grabbing the lowest hanging fruit possible to counter the big move from the SEC.

Seriously if your counter move to OU/Texas is KU/ISU. The B1G needs a new commish because that addition blows. At the very least they should try the Big 10 Man idea of raiding the PAC Flugar’s trumpeting. Even if it’s nothing more than a trial balloon or rumor the B1G needs to take the big swing first.

1 Like

If the Big does anything it will be to take ACC schools that have a similar academic profile. Virginia, North Carolina.

After that the ACC could back fill.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/MichiganPodcast/status/1419268206867456000

“Headquartered in the Midwest, the Big Ten Academic Alliance is the nation’s preeminent model for effective collaboration among research universities. For more than half a century, these world-class institutions have advanced their academic missions, generated unique opportunities for students and faculty, and served the common good by sharing expertise, leveraging campus resources, and collaborating on innovative programs. Governed and funded by the Provosts of the member universities,”
https://btaa.org/

“Big Ten Academic Alliance universities engage in $10 billion in funded research each year.”
https://btaa.org/research

1 Like

Agreed. I brought that up yesterday. That would be a weakass counter to SEC OU/UT addition. Only way they should add KU if there can somehow convince ND to join. Otherwise, B10 should go after 2 ACC or 4 PAC. Hell do both and go BIG 20

I couldn’t agree more with that analysis. 100% what I have thought of the Big 12 Left Overs.

The AAC could get hurt by all of this in the long run, but because of the leftover Big 12 problems, the AAC is most likely to benefit long term and become the next P5 replacing the Big 12, or at least be a stronger P5 lite

1 Like

I think Bryant is right. I’m not sure it’s not too early for the Big 10 to take a school like Kansas, especially when they don’t have a second school to pair with them. I don’t see any way they would want Iowa State when they have Iowa. I know the ACC has a long-term TV deal, but I still think UNC and UVA would be Big 10 targets, maybe down the road a bit. WVU apparently doesn’t have much support from ACC schools. I could see the PAC 12, wanting to stretch into Texas and the Central Time Zone, inviting four of Tech, Kansas, Oklahoma State, Iowa State, TCU, and/or UH. But that’s far from a given. In fact, all the Big 12 schools may be scroomed, at least as far as maintaining big TV deals.

What is R1 and R2?

Most likely at tiered ranking with R1 and R2. R1 is definitely more appealing, but not great.

This is literally on the money. Nobody not named Texas or OU has any sort of national interest. Except for TCU, no big TV markets (Kansas may split some of KC with Mizzou) and no national football followings. Getting bigger just to get bigger makes zero sense to me, especially when not a single school is worth a P5 payout. Discounting the few spurts of football success, the Big 12 schools functioned as the Loyal Opposition to Texas and OU in all things.

They ain’t got nothing the P4 wants, though they might help lift the value of schools like UH and Cincy who can already see the bottom without glasses in a merger, purge, or raid by the Big 12 or the AAC.

2 Likes

This is why UH comes out stronger. The PAC doesn’t have to enlarge right now and may not ever. And there is literally no place for these guys (B12) to go.

Put your pride down. Pocket the rest of your money. And form a very good conference with the AAC.

And Aresco will have some excellent inventory in all sports to go make some money with.

2 Likes

Hopefully an argument for inclusion in the Autonomy 5 as well.

1 Like

Carnegie research classifications. Here’s a listing of schools by rating.

1 Like

The Pastel Bluebloods will be forced to rub elbows with the likes of us whether they fold or invite some others in. Welcome to the proletariat.

1 Like

Thanks low.

1 Like