(Kyle Allen)blue-chip recruits, it's time to live up to the hype

“Kyle Allen, Houston, QB: The top-ranked QB in the 2014 class, Allen hasn’t taken a snap in over a year. He transferred from Texas A&M in 2015, landing at Houston with the intention of playing for Tom Herman. But Herman is gone now, and Allen, on his third QB coach of his career, remains with the Cougars and is the expected starter. Allen has all the physical tools in the world at 6-foot-3, 211 pounds. He also has an offense that will be fit to him and an OC, in Brian Johnson, who’s had success shaping QBs, including Dak Prescott. This is Allen’s second chance, and if it goes well the NFL is still well within his sights. But if Allen struggles, which is possible, there are QBs on the roster (Kyle Postma or Bryson Smith) capable of pushing him. 247Sports Composite Rating: No. 10.”

http://247sports.com/Article/Highly-ranked-college-football-recruits-whose-time-to-live-up-to-105950408

This may have been answered elsewhere, but is it safe to assume at this point that D’Eriq King is 3rd on the QB depth chart behind Postma? And if so, does he make the full time switch to WR? Whoever that #3 QB is, I think he should be playing WR until there is an injury at QB. Both of those guys would provide good and experienced depth at WR, but not sure which one I would rather have out there. Thoughts?

I think it will be a 2A/2B situation where both guys may see the field at positions other than QB and/or may get reps at QB. Both are talented guys that would be wasted sitting.

4 Likes