Kyle Allen - Season 3 (Traded to Washington)

We need a passing QB who can run, and not a running QB who can pass.

Not sure what happened to King’s accuracy this year. I will also point out the the WRs have been dropping balls too.

2 Likes

Looks like we wasted a pretty good QB.

4 Likes

Allen has been practicing at the professional level for 2 years now, so he was bound to improve

2 Likes

we didnt waste him…kyle wasnt bad at UH either…the context to be added was how bad our Oline was the year he started and how bad our running game was.a mobile qb was essential that year

6 Likes

Allen and Murray battling it out. Didn’t both leave AtM at the same time? Allen with 4 TDs now.

1 Like

He played 4 games here. He was wasted.

3 Likes

you missed my point…you can call it wasted, but with the oline/run game we had that year a pocket passing qb was never going to thrive…its like having a elite TE in the leech offense. that TE wouldnt have been used at all…

1 Like

Six months ago you couldn’t pay us or the Aggies to claim Kyle Allen haha really good for him. He’s persevered through a lot. Not sure why anyone would be nothing but thrilled for this guy.

13 Likes

MAN Kyle balled out big time today! So incredibly happy for the guy. He deserves continued success, he handled himself like an absolute professional here in Houston. Cheers to him!

8 Likes

So true. Good observation.

1 Like

He absolutely did. He’s one of my favorite people to cheer for. Could not happen to a better guy. He had every reason to be unhappy about his situation here, but he never let it show. Just an absolute class act.

11 Likes

He lists his college as Houston for the NFL. Dude is a Coog. Go Coogs!

17 Likes

Leach used a receiving TE (Bristol Olamua) pretty well when he had one.

I also remember Jace Amaro being a pretty good TE for Tech that caught a bunch of passes in a very similar system.

Allen was definitely wasted. We couldn’t get a game plan together that incorporated a good NFL-backup quality QB?

3 Likes

Not only was he wasted but it shows to everyone what a so called QB whisperer applesauce is.
Our past HC knew he had Kyle. D’Eriq got injured. What good HC or Coaches and position Coached do? They put plays and game plans to suit the personal that THEY have. Now enough about applesauce. He does not deserve credit to be in this thread.
What a home coming for him.

I think the UH coaching staff miss-used his talent by having him throw nothing but dinks and dunks and the UH’s O-line was too sub-standard to protect a pocket passer like him. I am extremely happy for the success he has in the NFL!

2 Likes

The OC Applewhite hired was not up to the task

For my money Applewhite was the worst HC in the last half-century. Sure Helton and Dimel where …whew…BUT…UH was barely hanging on at that point. Applewhite had resources those guys could only dream of. He was so far over his head it was painful to watch

2 Likes

I know it is the hot new thing to bag on everything that is Applewhite, but that comparison needs to be made relative. College football wasn’t the business that it is now. Many other teams facilities were comparable. Applewhite has nearly the same winning percentage at UH that Holgorsen did at WVU, so no.

Dimel was worse. Helton more so than Dimel.

3 Likes

Kyle is a coog and I will cheer for him. He handled taking a backseat to King quite well and never griped in public. I respect him for that and wish him the best in the nfl

4 Likes

So KA beat the player he was competing against at A&M in his home state of Arizona. How’s that for a homecoming!

5 Likes