Kyle Allen

When they announce him on TV at a game, will they say he went to a&m or Houston? That would settle this crap instead of hearsay nonsense.

1 Like

Yeah. Sims was always associated with WVU.

1 Like

They will introduce him as a former A&M player who finished out at UH. That said, he handled everything better than I probably would have.

1 Like

I always wondered, “Why UH?” Maybe purely academic? Maybe he thought Apple would change the offense to match his skills? That don’t work either because we are not known as an O-line dynasty. To me Kyle needed a pro type protection scheme for the QB.

1 Like

I may be wrong, but we have all seen it before. Coming from a big bad school like A&M in the SEC, he would be able to destroy the lowly G6 programs. Well he was OK at A&M and we probably took his 5 star resume and plugged him in. I wonder how many more games (TT?) we could have won?

1 Like

I don’t hate aTm, all of my inlaws are aggies including 2 nephews, 1 niece, and 2 great nieces. They are all supportive of UH and I reciprocate. Though I have made it known I will never pull for them against LSU – of course they know I wouldn’t pull for them against UH. Although I must admit that though I give them verbal support to my in-laws, I often find myself not doing so in my mind against some other teams. I am not upset at all when they lose and even enjoy it.

I have never been mistreated or called names at aTm. At UT we have and had things thrown at those of us in the UH section. When they used to have us on the end of the east side stands, under the student section, the students would throw cups of ice down on us from above. My wife caught one in the head and swore she would never step foot in Memorial Stadium again. The last time I was at UT we were in the NW horseshoe and someone was throwing AA batteries at us.

3 Likes

@red80 has it right. atm fans are crazy about their college but they don’t attack unless attacked first. texas fans are straight a-holes.

2 Likes

Aggies will attack UH without provocation, seen it many times. I do agree with the assessment of Longhorns.

2 Likes

Aggies were the ones that came up with the “Cougar High” moniker that has spread and has been used by other fanbases (Horns love to use that one).

I will admit, most Aggies are good-natured and can be bantered with. They take as good as they give.

2 Likes

I’ve found aggies are good losers but terrible winners. I never realized until 2012 when they were good for a minute with Manziel. Maybe that’s because they know how to handle being medicore much better. They have plenty of experience with it.

I was 14 in 1998 which was the last time they were really nationally relevant before 2012, so I had never really experienced that. I had them a notch above UT until then. My attitude changed after that.

1 Like

I’d rather associate myself Aggies than longhorns or Baylor folks. Living in central Texas I’m surrounded by them all & I can say that most every Aggie I have met or know are very decent, respectful and generous.