Kyle Postma - our leading rusher

As I watched the DVRd game I noticed Tubberville had the same question I had, if the QB run is there why is KA not taking it?

This offense really clicks with a QB that can run, it opens other,parts of the play book. But if the QB will not run when it is there it takes away half the play book.

Is KA not allowed to run or is he just not choosing to run the ball?

1 Like

There was a time when I thought Case should run it more but then I heard the coaches didn’t want him too. I agree with you that it opens up the offense.

The position we put ourselves in on third down hurt our rushing attack overall, that and losing the ball 5 times killed our TOP and ability to rush the ball. When I brought my tech friend down to the game, he said KA’s release was slow, like he had too many motions with his throwing. That being said I think we were a bit spoiled the last 2-3 years with what GW could make happen on 3rd and long, keeping the drives alive and our D off the field. Perhaps we give up on the play too fast to eliminate turnovers (which obviously didn’t happen). Although we should look past temple, We need to try to have a solid plan or identity by the SMU game, we can’t afford any conference losses before the USF game. Although Tech was a heart breaker, it may have been the loss we needed to evaluate our approach for the rest of the season. This team is one of the most talented teams in Ncaaf, I think anything outside of playing for our conference title would be a disappointment.

Plus Case ran the Air Raid. Summing didn’t want Case getting hurt after he saw Piland and Broadway running it. Just protecting his meal ticket.

Didn’t Sumlin see Piland and Broadway run the offense (under game conditions) after Case got hurt? And if I’m not mistaken, Case got hurt trying to tackle a UCLA player that had intercepted a pass.

Yes

A big problem with the O Line is the lack of combo blocks executed. It’s hard to run the football well when you’re asked to snap the ball, push the guy right in front of you and let linebackers pick through the gaps. We need our O line to get to the second level or teams will exploit it. Hopefully we worked on it this week in practice.

Go Coogs!