LA Times/Los Angeles Daily News/OCRegister - On Case Keenum

Embedded video of Case’s 1st TD. Things of beauty

https://twitter.com/SportsDailyBlog/status/780138223339118592

Case Press Conference:

http://www.therams.com/videos/videos/Case-Keenum-Postgame-Press-Conference---925/f93c478c-ab11-416a-bd51-5fd132d59e70

Interesting; seems to be that they begrudgingly compliment Case because they’re winning, but I imagine he’ll be the focal point of their ire the next time they lose. The life of the NFL QB.

Saw this stat after Wentz’s performance this weekend (and through the 1st 3 weeks). But, you know, it was all Case’s fault for him going 0-8 as a starter for the Texans in that first season…:expressionless::

1 Like

You are right.
The Eagles have put together a really sound OL. Wentz is playing well and benefiting from it. It is and has always been about the OL. Case’s OL stepped up in this game and that made a world of a difference.
The Cardinals game (will try to attend) is quite interesting. The Cardinals are effective passing the ball but are not good against the run. A couple of weeks ago I would have said that the Cardinals should win. Now I am not so sure. This is the type of game that is perfect for the Rams.

Other coverage:
As always it is pretty much centered on when Goff will/why (what’s taking so long) will take over. Even after their last game there was hardly a mention on how well Case played.

Sorry if I posted this one already. Probably the first complimentary one.

1 Like

My apologies if I posted these already. I will be at the game with my wife and will give you a report when I can. Go get them Case!!!

Case having a good game and just put the Rams in the lead late.

Case had a 111.2 rating. But he’s no nfl starting qb.

3 Likes

I knew he would deliver the victory when he had to, back shoulder pass to the outside where the defender couldn’t get it. TD!

1 Like

He had alot to overcome too. He had a great scramble to the 10 yard line that got called back. His line gave him some time today but they broke down on him a few times too.

Ecstatic and realistic
The monsoon season is supposed to be over but today it rained like it does in Houston sometimes. You know how it is. On one side of the freeway it pours and on the other it is as dry as a Los Cabos highway. I knew coming into the stadium that Case was going to face a major wall in front of him. This was a “must win” for the Cardinals. No one expected this game to even be a contest. Not only did he deliver but he delivered outplaying a so called franchise QB. I can all tell you that his stats would have been even better for not the usual dropped passes. I understand WR receivers drop passes but Jeff Fisher and Boras must be concerned. This is not a coincidence that so many passes get dropped week and week out. This game could have been over by half time if for not so many dropped passes. It also puts a lot of pressure on the run and passing offense.
Now this is for the so called experts. I am not one and never will be one. I know a little but that is it. I got the chance to learn from Coaches but again I am no experts. I will ask you. What was the line before this game? What were the comments before this game? Gurley is not finding holes so Case is carrying the entire offense. The OL is now playing much better but you can see the “grit” that Case is bringing to this Team. We had great seats right behind the Rams bench. Gurley was seating by himself while Goff and Case were Surface studying (no this is not a Microsoft plug). I understand that Gurley is a “different cat” but it is clear that Gurley is frustrated. The entire press has been yelling that Case could not deliver. That he was no good. Again he delivered great throws in very tight areas at crucial times. He made the throws last week when Russell Wilson could not. He made the throws this week when Carson Palmer could not. Case is earning his wins the hard way. Remember that old commercial? Earn it. What is encouraging for Case is that today Quick was the answer. Last week it was Britt. That is not a coincidence. The chemistry is working. A quick side note, I was wearing my UH shirt and by the end of the game I got the chance to catch Case’s attention. I gave him the Paw and he responded with it with a huge smile on his face.

I am realistic because every week is a different battle. What happened today does not matter next week. But friends how sweet it is to walk out of a beautiful stadium when one of our own proves everybody wrong? The Rams are 3-1 but they must improve as a more balanced offense. I did like that Gurley did do a better job at reading his passing routes. That is a huge key for their offense. Very clearly they still commit too many penalties in key crucial situations. So yes, I am realistic this team has a way to go but they are 3-1 with two wins on the road. They won two games against two Teams favored to go to the Super Bowl. This is hugely important from a psychological standpoint. The sun was shining when we got to our car.
Please, give me a few minutes to find what the So-Cal press is writing tonight and I will post it ASAP.

1 Like

Visit the rams website at:

Great to hear, I know this one had to have been a fun one. I got to watch the end of it after the Cowboys game and I was excited down the stretch.

Case is a leader and teammates flock to him. Did at UH, did with the Texans, and its happening again with the Rams. He’ll make it work if given the chance.

Saw this quote in one of the articles and it really caught my eye on a number of levels about how much of a leader he is:

Keenum took his time getting dressed and packing his duffel bag for the short flight home. His right leg was wrapped in cellophane that held ice bags in place. Walking out of the locker room with Gurley beside him, Keenum moved somewhat gingerly but with the confidence of a quarterback and team leader who knows the starting job belongs to him.

https://twitter.com/Hill713/status/782726514513031168

1 Like

https://twitter.com/casekeenum7/status/782754855769092096

Nice callback by Case :joy: