Lamar Jackson

A deserving unanimous MVP selection, however…

as a proud UH alum, I’m very pleased to remind Cougar fans that UH beat a Lamar Jackson led Louisville team TWICE.

15 Likes

And sacked him 11 TIMES in ONE game.

8 Likes

We kinda owned him. I can still remember the hopeless, frustrated look on his face.

4 Likes

I am very critical of our OLs over the years but what Louisville trotted out there in 2016 man oh man. False start sack false start sack repeat repeat. That was a performance for the ages.

5 Likes

If our coach wasn’t actively interviewing during the season we would have gone undefeated.

Not talking about playoffs, let’s not start that debate.

Simply put, that team was balanced and built to go undefeated.

5 Likes

I always thought that that Thursday night game was the best our football program ever looked. Not simply because of the performance on the field, but the energy of that sold out TDECU stadium.
As an aside I also remember Lamar Jackson sending out a congratulatory tweet to Ed Oliver when he was taken in the first round by the Bills. Class act.

5 Likes

It felt like big time college football. I remember the announcers saying how loud it was and that it was only 40,000 fans. A few weeks prior, they went into Clemson and played in front of more fans and yet they had so many false starts and were clearly rattled. TDECU is a fun atmosphere when it’s actually filled.

1 Like

The sheer intimidation…

giphy

6 Likes

My heart rate was dangerously high from the pregame skydivers all the way to the house after the game.

I talked to those skydivers that night. They were mad that the players were allowed to run on the field before they had landed. One of them landed hard trying to avoid a crash.

I believe it was the guy with the American Flag that landed hard. Instead of doing small circles and landing on the run I remember him going straight down from further up than you would like.

Looks like one of those goats that pass out!