Lane Kiffin

I don’t mind him, but he wouldn’t be here for long if he is successful. I think he can win big next year. Excellent, recruiter.

1 Like

If he was here two years, won ten games each season, and pulled in a top 35 recruiting class or better each year we would be sitting even prettier than we are now.
If Tilman can work in a massive buyout that kept him here four years You could really be looking at a heck of a run.

3 Likes

Yep. Tom liked to say how he’d impress recruits with his championship ring. Kiffin could wear his USC and his Bama, and his Bama championship rings.

With every coaching hire since Briles, every replacement has been better than the guy replaced. Let’s continue that trend and hire Kiffin, who will easily outdistance Tom what’s his name.
Send your analysis to Tillman and Hunter. It is spot on.

1 Like

Yeah. I think anyone interviewing knows that Tilman means business with the buyout. 8-10 million buyout plus what ever contract they would have to pay him to hire him away from Houston would be extremely deep expensive. That would mean he would have UH winning big.

UH also has the new football only practice facility to be done next year & the football coaches football building. This UH job is a great job for the next UH football coach. Very attractive gig. Plus, the 2.5 million UH gets from Texas is just a bonus.

What happened during his 2012 USC campaign? Started the year #1 after a 10-2 season and 18 returning starters. Finished in a dive and lost Sun Bowl to GaTech. First team in over 60 years to go from #1 preseason to unranked at end of year.

Depth hit them. They were just coming off the scholarship limitations from the Pete Carroll era.

https://twitter.com/MattieLouOKTC/status/804762333755142146

Here’s the “sources” again.

1 Like

So a ton of injuries? Seems like they are only now getting to a full roster

Not necessarily injuries, but less potential subs to be strategically made, tired players had to play longer, etc.

They weren’t off them yet.

Damn, you don’t seem to understand subterfuge.

“Sources” = “Agent” or “Lawyer”

1 Like

In Louisiana they’re called sauces.

1 Like

I’ll ask the question. Why is Kiffin interested in our School. He knows like Briles, scumlin and th what the greater Houston/Eastern Texas is all about or capable of. If Kiffin is fine with a $5/$7 Mil buy out why not. But and there is a huge BUT. He failed miserable at each of his HC positions. So if he fails are we on the hook for a major amount? His possible/future contract has to be structured to our advantage. Easier said than done friends.
Can he recruits? You bet he can USC had Houston area recruits. Same with Alabama I believe. He is very well connected but having a great DC is a priority if he comes in.
Think about the PAC12 ties. That can help us to get there.

Lane Kiffin Reportedly Done at Alabama; Houston or LSU Next

http://www.thesportsbank.net/alabama-crimson-tide-2/lane-kiffin-reportedly-done-alabama-houston-lsu-next/

1 Like

Kiffin is the kind of coach who makes me nervous. Its not because he might leave but the majority of his college coaching career has been at USC, Tennessee, and Alabama.

Those aren’t exactly the hardest places to recruit players to.

How would he fare at a place like UH?

Would he be one of those coaches that always complains how hard it is to recruit here ?

Would he be able to assemble a staff that could recruit successfully here ?

interesting story…now we know what Fertitta meant when he said people would be surprised by quality of candidates…We would need to nail Lane down about commitment to stay and get us in PAC or BIG in 5-6 years…and the story listed Miles as current front runner…and Holgerson still in picture…going to be a very interesting week coming up…I trust Uncle Tilman to get the BEST guy for us…

Hiring Lane would at least provide some comic relief. “Nice trophy case, you un-winning … Where are you going to fail upwards next?” hahaha

1 Like

Alabama offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin a candidate for UH coaching vacancy
Alabama OC joins growing list of candidates to replace Herman
Chronicle Subscriber Link
Google Search LInk

Kiffin, 41, has spent the past three seasons as the offensive play-caller on Nick Saban’s staff. He has been praised for evolving the Tide’s offense to a more spread look with more zone-read this season. With freshman quarterback and Channelview product Jalen Hurts, the undefeated Tide average 39.4 points and 479.6 yards per game.