Larry Scott Out as PAC 12 Commissioner

I think Mike Aresco will jump ship to PAC-12 and I don’t think we will get an invite anyway. Most conference are settled, except for BIG12 and W Virginia. We are stuck in a G5 conference for a long time.

https://twitter.com/flugempire/status/1120413571102511105?s=20

1 Like

Luck is the one that recommended and worked w UH Athletics to play XFL gms at TDECU. PLUS he use to be Pres of H.C. Sports Authority at one time…besides living in Houston for long period of time.

2 Likes

I trust Greg Flugaur like I trust a gypsy fortune teller. :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

I don’t see it happening, which was why I added my “unless something weird happens” caveat. But they might be able to make more money, which is why I wouldn’t say there’s zero chance it happens. It would also actually probably be more like those four and Oregon and Washington too where it’s basically just an aggregation for a tv deal.

Again, extremely unlikely but more likely than the Pac-12 adding us just straight up in my opinion.

Cmon man. Who is this dude? And why is he relevant?

1 Like

Flugar is a B1G beat guy who has a mysterious inside source. But most importantly in the twitter rumorverse he’s bullish on us. Therefore his wild ass guesses are much better than the West Virginia hacks who are not bullish on us.

1 Like

And sadly, that West Virginia hack went to the University of Houston.

They WERENT brought in 3 years before a contract expired!

Man I’m glad you’re not in UH Administration

3 Likes

Missouri and aTm definitely were.

I think by 2024 we’re in a P5. Houston has more then the population of many states so we’re hard to ignore. We at least bring as much as UTAH

We will get in this round but we have to wait a few yrs.

2 Likes

A&M and Mizzou were invited in 2011, three years after the SEC signed a 15 year agreement with ESPN.

“Beat guy” is generous. He’s just a guy on twitter, who yes, claims he has a well connected source generically within the Big 10 who feeds him information.

Credibility on this board for “insiders” is directly proportional to how favorable what they say is for UH. So in that respect, you are right that Flugaur gets more credit here than the two West Virginia realignment hacks.

But I’ll give Flugaur credit too. He’s also just a lot smarter than both of those guys. All of his realignment “inside information” usually has an inkling of a basis in something that has been reported or passed along by someone credible and he takes that and runs with a narrative. I’m 99% sure he doesn’t have any real inside info, but it took me a little while to come to that conclusion because all of his stuff was always plausible.

If you think of Flugaur as someone with reasonable intelligence scouring for realignment info and then guessing from there what that could mean, that’s an okay way to consume him rather than someone who actually has inside information.

2 Likes

It’s bc they were big dogs that were discontent and they probably reached out in advance along with the sec knowing this. They know they can wait on us were as they had to act sooner for the big dogs that had more options which explains it.

We will get there , book it.

The West Virginia guys take every side of every position over time and when something happens, they point to the one position that fits the best and tell everyone they had it right.

3 Likes

They were already in a BCS or P5 conference.
If you are going to mention Utah, then the Utes had a US Senator fighting for them.

1 Like

BAD example…The SEC can do what it wants, when it wants, how it wants, where it wants. They ar not like any other conference.

The PAC 12 can add teams from the AAC tomorrow if they want to. All it would take is an AAC exit fee.

The point is, the attraction with the PAC 12 isn’t mutual.

1 Like

And they are a stag flagship university.

1 Like