Last year in Kansas City . . . .

Last year, both the West and MidWest Regions were played in KC. Anyone remember why ? ? ? ? ? I cannot locate anything on the WWW . . . . . Every item I’ve found says it will be played in California, but no mention of the venue change . . . . .

You’re thinking about seeing Texas Tech play their 1st & 2nd round “West” Regional games at the BOK Center in Tulsa where UH also played our 1st & 2nd round “Midwest” Regional games.

Eight (8) first round host cities hosted two different region’s 1st & 2nd round games, and then four (4) regional host cities (Kansas City MO - Midwest Region and Anaheim CA - West Region) hosted the Sweet Sixteen & Elite Eight games - to determine their respective Final Four team.

This year, the first round locations closest to Houston will be St Louis MO (779 mi), Omaha NE (897 mi) & Tampa FL (980 mi) …Geez Louise…

The regionals for UH are even a further distance - Indianapolis (1,014 mi), Los Angeles (1,548 mi) & New York City (1,628 mi) … with the Final Four in Atlanta (793 mi).

[By way of comparison, last year Tulsa was 495 mi. and Kansas City was 745 mi.]

And there’s a round being played right here in Houston - but we can’t play at Toyota! Grrrrr…

I’ve had alzheimers since I was 7 . . . . .