Let's talk UCF

Thoughts? Our defensive line is really disruptive and can cause problems for UCF.

3 Likes

Their QB is scary

2 Likes

Our d-line is improved … the secondary not so much. Ucf’s qb can sling it.

5 Likes

If we try to get in a razzle dazzle shootout with UCF we are going to lose big. Tune is good he’s not ready for that level. Our secondary has to be better. We seem to have a lot of new players in the secondary I would put them all on a short leash you get burned next man up. When (not if) we stop the run a few times UCF will abandon the run and sling it all over the yard. How our defense responds to that tells the story of this game.

5 Likes

We need to run the ball, throw to the tight ends, have long drives and control the clock.

Otherwise we’re in trouble.

3 Likes

Our secondary is absolutely improved and much deeper.

1 Like

Not if he is running for his life. Their O Line is not good.

We have to limit his time as our secondary scheme leaves a lot to be desired.

Hopefully we can get some of the guys back this week.

1 Like

Disagree unless you are comparing to last year…then maybe, but I still think they are poorly coached.

3 Likes

I agree that our secondary & our whole defense is much improved. It will be great if Deontay Anderson can be back for the UCF game!

2 Likes

If not comparing against last year EE, who would you think he would be comparing? I think each group – DL, LB, CB, and S – has improved markedly. I can see improvement each week, and I don’t think they are poorly coached, just some mistakes are glaring, especially when they allow two long TD’s.

3 Likes

Tulane passed on us with a freshmanQB (when not being sacked)… byu passed on us with relative ease… navy who runs the triple option with running QB just passed on us with ease …
UCF is drastically more prolific passing than all those 3 teams… UCF is the 1st pass first team we will play

I don’t know how you aren’t worried about UCF with what we’ve shown so far

Will be interesting the game plan we decide… UCFs defense isn’t good… do we try and outscore them in a race to 60 type game… or do we go in thinking we can’t beat them in a shootout since the offense has struggled at times, and go for the 7-8 min drives to make it low scoring affair

7 Likes

Will he ever be ready for that level, should be the question…?

If our pass defense doesn’t improve, look for 400 to 500 pass yards. :frowning:

2 Likes

We’re going to get destroyed.

2 Likes

I hope that Anderson and Vaughn are back in the rotation at Safety

2 Likes

Run the football plenty, eat up the clock, and limit their total number of possessions.

6 Likes

It’s going to 100% come down to our pass defense / secondary.

We can stop the run, we’ve proven that much. But navy was dropping bombs on our secondary at will yesterday. That, should never happen.

1 Like

Is coach redshirting Art Green. At least coach knows what area he needs to upgrade going forward.

:astonished::flushed::flushed:

Wouldn’t make sense. Nobody loses a year of eligibility this season

2 Likes