Longwood vs Houston the Matchup

If we lost this game, the only outcome I would root for is a Longwood vs Morehead championship.

3 Likes

One would think Longwood would just be cowering in a gym somewhere thinking they had to face No. 1 seed Houston. Ain’t so. Those guys are sky high making the dance and the first dance is with the prom queen. I just think if the role were reversed, it was us who had to face No. 1 after a decent, not great, season. Guess what I’m saying is we better be ready (i’m sure CKS is) for a dogfight with that bunch. Every sport has a history of unreal upsets, we’ve pulled off a couple ourselves. Skinny coogs are best.

2 Likes

bad season puts us as a 9 seed cuz we da best

1 Like

The game will be a walk in the park. Can’t make it something it’s not. Opponent finished 5th in their own Conf, many of their W’s came against D2.

They won their conference tournament

Decision will have our team taking things seriously. Because they are going to come out with hair on fire. So are goal has to be to come out hit our shots and come them out on D.

I’m with @Jesse22 .

This game will be a bona fide CAKEWALK.

That’s why their still playing.

Coogs could win this game w starting lineup of Lath, Arceneaux, Jefferson, Sharp, Wilson.

Save being mad for Nebraska or Agy.

1 Like

Play free!! Not mad. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Tournaments would be predictable every time if it were only the “better teams” winning, but it’s never that straightforward.

I’m not as worried about this game, not because they are “bad”, but because they don’t match up well with us.

They are extremely reliant on 2-point shots (mostly driving and post-ups); they are a team that barely takes or makes 3-point shots. We are literally the worst team to face with that offensive strategy, given our emphasis on the monster/traps.

They also aren’t a good passing team and rank high in turnovers per game (both in creating turnovers and committing them themselves).

The two big areas of concern are that they are a good rebounding team—this is their biggest strength in potentially winning. We do give up some offensive rebounds, but we did beat TCU, giving up 30 offensive rebounds in a blowout win. Their numbers are also a bit inflated from the level of competition they’ve played.
Additionally, they are good at drawing fouls, and we are thin on bodies, so early fouls could change the game dynamics.

What makes this game less worrisome for me is that even if they had things go their way—like a +15 rebounding margin and Francis in foul trouble—I still think we would win.

1 Like

Who said its always Chalk. Geez.

I doubt it. I wouldn’t expect much from TA

Ok. You missed my point. I’ll let yall keep worrying.

1 Like

wasnt insinuating you said that… i was just saying we match up well

1 Like

I’m assuming foul trouble will be a component of any loss. We are just too thin to have starters get into foul trouble

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1770907474641481952?t=pmbDDGM0TrYBAUw3jztIrQ&s=19

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1770910539297775772?t=6Fbtrlo3uKnjrPZZgp2Ikw&s=19

Just like y’all like it. :laughing::grin:

6 Likes