Looking Ahead

We have more height, length and depth than last year and we play great D, but we were a better shooting team last year and we also played great D. Great D will only take us so far, until we are faced with an opponent who also plays great D, but they can shoot the rock better.

We’re good and I’m hopeful, but until we can improve our 3 point shooting % or FG %, I don’t have the confidence at this point in time that we can advance back to the Sweet 16 and beyond.

1 Like

We win out. There, I said it. Why? Because it is possible and if not, we play for a high seed in the Dance.

True but Kelvin said Monday nite that he was really excited about J’wan. Besides, who’s to say Brison want make a big jump next season? He’s Further along as a junior than Chris was last season

1 Like

In respect to size J’wan 6’7 … no one close to Harris size and his size has been a big factor for us

1 Like

I am not a BB guro, but I don’t see anyone going to the NBA after this season.

Respectfully, they don’t have to go to the NBA. They can sign with a European or Asian pro BB team and make a good living playing the same game. If I remember correctly, Michael Young played for a South American team for many years.

1 Like

I don’t see anyway Grimes leaves and I am leaning Jarreau stays too though he will be a 5th yr SR.

There is a reason our SRs tend to make big jumps. GRob and Devin Davis were much better players their SR seasons than they were as JRs.

I think Gresham will make a real nice jump and Gorham as well who just looks out of rhythm on the court.
Hinton will keep developing his offense
Mills may be an AA with another season.
Sasser is the one I look at coming a long way over a 4 year span.
White is going to be a monster.

As far as a rim protector Harris will be a loss but Powell will come in and develop behind Gresham.

1 Like

MY and Winslow were celebrities over seas.

2 Likes

Harris is my surprise superstar of this year. A whole Hell of a lot of development from Junior to Senior.

3 Likes

We did but it was a grueling grind to do so. Kentucky’s size had a lot to do with that.

1 Like

Currently, we’re 19-5. The next three games…

At USF. Win.
At SMU. Tough road game, but winnable.
Tulsa. Win.

22-5 with four to play.

I believe the team is hitting their stride with a chance for another outstanding season.

2 Likes

USF just beat Memphis and the Bulls have little for which to play other than get a win over the league’s marquee program - I hope you are correct - but conference wins on the road are never easy - and I hope that you are whispering in the ear of the fates

2 Likes

We’re close to becoming the dominant team in the AAC. The first half at Cincy gave us a glimpse of the team we can become, but we have to play both halves. The Tulane win and a WSU blowout indicates to me that Sampson has the team playing at or near their best. If the team plays the balance of the schedule the way they played the first half of the Cincy game and the WSU game, then we’re going to be hard to beat.

The balance of the season should be fun. I love the H-town Hustle the team is exhibiting.

Go Coogs!

3 Likes

4 road games left, at Memphis and Uconn the toughest. Shaping up for a showdown against wkrp at home.

3 Likes

can we scale the twin peaks of Mt. Loni Anderson?

5 Likes

When we have five guys in double figures we do not lose. Period.

3 Likes

Currently, our record is 21-6.

Looking ahead…

@ Memphis - Win. Memphis has lost 3 of the last 4 games and 7 of the last 13. They will play us tough in Memphis, but I believe we come out on top.

Cincinnati - Win. Cincinnati has played 7 games in OT, losing 4 of them. Their road record is 4-5. Most of their games have been close, hence OT. I believe we beat them at the FC.

@ UConn - Loss. On the season, UConn is 14-11 and 5-7 in the AAC. Tough team at home (11-3). If we have a big win over Cincy, this game could become a let down game. If we’re going to lose a game in the last 4 of the season, it might be this one.

Memphis - Win.

Projected record: 24-7.

On the other hand…we’re clearly capable of winning the last four games of the regular season which would extend our record to 25-6. Then, if we win all three games of the AAC Tournament, our record could be 28-6, thus UH BB would be knocking on the door of another 30 win season.

2 Likes

Really hoping the Memphis games at the end of the season will work in our favor. The conference tournament is not at their place this year they don’t have a coach that demands their best no matter what hoping they’ve packed it in just a little. That’s all we need is just a little.

1 Like

I think we win out.

UCONN on the road will be tough but we will play through it. Memphis will find some fight but it will be short lived.

Cincinnati at home will be a revenge game for us and we win big.

Watching the Memphis Cinncinati game last week was eye opening. Neither team was playing defense. If we can get any sort of offense going, we win big against both of them.

3 Likes

We also get 8 days off after @Memphis that will be helpful.

5 Likes