Matt Adams

Adams laid a massive and clean hit on a rb yesterday! He seems to be laying some lumber but does anyone know how he is performing overall in the pre season?

1 Like

https://twitter.com/all_in_adams/status/1033780534105853952?s=19

3 Likes

That was a big hit, but this new rule by the NFL is strange. They are protecting one side of the ball, offense. It is the preseason, so they are sampling the rule. We’ll see how it goes during the season.

They’re getting sawft

1 Like

The NFL needs to take off the pads and play flag football.

2 Likes

Yeah, pointed it out in the Broncos game. If defensive players can’t duck their head down or hit the ball carrier helmet, how are the suppose to make a legal tackle when the ball carrier leads helmet first? They tried to say after week two, that incidental contact with the facemask or helmet is not a foul but also said there will be no replay. So referees can easily control games by calling incidental contact on one team why ignore purposeful hits by the other saying it’s incidental.

Leaving referees to judge intent is a dumb and dangerous thing that will not end well for the NFL.

If this type of hit becomes illegal I’ll stop watching this game. Some things in life are more violent than others and some occupations are more risky… so they pay A LOT more than most other occupations. I’m all for advances in technology and even giving up kickoffs, but if they try to take away big, CLEAN, hits the game is no longer football.

2 Likes

There are several rules that are intended to only aid the offense and it’s getting ridiculous. This new rule is stupid. There are so many times where helmet contact is completely unavoidable. It sounds like they want defenders to stand completely upright while offensive players lower the boom. The other rule I hate is where a defender diving for a ball carrier barely brushes the carrier’s facemask for a 15 yard penalty. But that same ball carrier can stiff arm a defender in the facemask for as long as it takes to shed the tackler and no penalty.

1 Like
3 Likes

They all get trophies this year don’t they?

1 Like

Why doesn’t boxing force all fighters to wear a headgear?

1 Like