Memphis game at end of season

I like how the Memphis AD said something to the effect that they want to compete at the highest and fairest level.

Ha… they haven’t done the “fairest” part in over 40 years !!

1 Like

https://twitter.com/mgiannotto/status/1365435194165981185

A hit piece from the commercial appeal

Well, we are the face of the conference. Time to get used to it.

6 Likes

But Memphis thinks they still are even though they haven’t been since the CUSA days

1 Like

Didn’t they read the rules for Covid cancellations. This should have been done weeks ago and not the week before. There was no favoritism on that call, just following the rules. Maybe Memphis should have followed the Covid protocols better than they did.

3 Likes

I wonder if we may have something up our sleeve for a possible game this week…might be the reason why we aren’t playing up them twice.

we do have a game in the works… but thats not why we arent playing memphis

memphis only has 1 makeup date available…it can be used for us or Wichita, only one … we want it to be Wichita, so Wichita has a game they can lose with realistic odds (for the conference title)… memphis is refusing that wichita game, that they want us… we are standing our ground

9 Likes

Ahh that makes sense. Thanks for pointing that out!

1 Like

Honestly, they dont have any make up dates. They play Sunday at Cincy, Tuesday at USF, and Sunday at UH.

The USF game was moved from Wednesday to Tuesday. Rumor is the conference wanted Memphis to play Wichita State on Thursday or Friday which is why they changed the date. The AAC really wanted both buble teams to play to improve their schedule. But since we followed conference rules and wanted Memphis at home, that would mean 4 road games in 8 days. Obviously Memphis didnt want to do that. They wanted 2 games vs UH which would still be 4 games in 8 days, but one would be at home.

I dont think it would matter. 3 road games in 5-6 days and 4 games in 8 days is crazy. But Aresco already said he wasn’t going to cancel games with one team just to schedule them with a different team.

And that is not good. For us to shine the conference has to shine. One is not without the other.

Couldn’t we hire some AI bot to replace Aresco?

2 Likes

So, the other teams in the conference need to step up. It is not up to us to make them better.

4 Likes

penny has dedicated his last 3 pressers to talking about houston…

houston is 2 games away… he is painting this narrative that the aac is against the memphis and protecting houston… he flat said “its memphis vs everybody”… while i think that is misleading, and wierd that he is so focused on houston, who is 3 games away… its showing that they intend to bring everything they have to our game…they are painting a narrative that this is their entire season and they are willing to fight and are going to beat the odds to get it

should be a fun one

But didn’t Memphis do just fine as the top dog in CUSA? I don’t see why it matters how the rest of the tams do, as long as UH takes care of it’s business.

If they played as hard in non-conf as they have been whining the last few days they wouldn’t be in this spot.

7 Likes

I’m sick of Memphis beating us in football and all of those years in Conference USA. Go Coogs!

1 Like