Mike Trout WOW

Angels and Trout near 12 year $430 MILLION extension per ESPN

Get your kids into baseball

He’s worth it.

We just locked up Bregman for another 2 years beyond when he would become a free agent.

6 yrs, $100 mil. Great deal for everyone involved.

2 Likes

That’s insane! Next thing you know there are going to be billionaire sports ball players! It’s insane to think people actually become filthy rich playing kids games!

Is Pujols not enough of an albatross for them? One day Trout will fall off, and it won’t take twelve years.

What is crazy is how much people spend on a yearly basis to fund these adults playing kids games. Think about how much the owners make to be able to pay 1 employee half a billion.

4 Likes

Yeah, one day. And until then, they just locked up likely the best player of all time for the rest of his career.

2 Likes

“Best player of all time?” That’s a strong statement.

2 Likes

Good for Mike… but sorry, everytime i’m in line for a $12 beer in a plastic cup I’m going to cuss Mike. It’s getting ridiculously expensive to go to a simple baseball game on a Tuesday night. And I go to a lot of games because I love it, but daaaaaaaaams. Even if they offset that by adding 25 more sponsor signs all over the stadium it won’t change the crazy prices in those ballparks.

2 Likes

Don’t curse Trout. Curse the owners that are willing to pay him that much and who have no problem with the prices being set in the ballparks. Can’t blame a guy for trying to get as much money as he can when it’s time to sign a new contract.

2 Likes

That would explain why a lower level third base season ticket went from $70 per seat to $300 per seat. A nice little $1200 a game tab for a family of 4 BEFORE parking, hotdogs, beer, etc.

3 Likes

Yep pretty much what I meant! Besides, after a few beers I start cussing at everyone. :grin:

2 Likes

Y’all would rather the owners have the money for your $12 beer? That no one forced you to buy?

Relax, it’s capitalism.

man you can’t be replying to 4 day old threads. We’ve already changed our minds several times.

1 Like

And thats why I don’t buy beer. I also am a huge baseball fan, even still play though I’m currently on IR, but I only make a game or two of the Astros each year because prices are stupid.
I’ll make more UH games and have a great time.

1 Like

Tonight is a good time to start, the Aggies are in town.

I’m actually going tonight with a friend from Taub Hall that is in town working on a documentary!

Babe Ruth disagrees.

It is pro entertainment. The same goes for actors or singers.