More on Pac 12 Big 12 movement

I know a P5 invite would make us jump at the opportunity but I would hate all the animosity, judgement, hate and the UH inferiority complex that would come of it.

Our current conference are made of solid programs and are supportive of each other. Yes, there are rivalries and teams that we love to beat, but I find that we root for one another more often than not. Not a lot of conferences have that type of internal support.

Maybe I saw what the SWC was like and got tired of hating other schools because they hated us. I know it’s even worse at P5s- they are completely uncivil to each other. We have a good thing with the AAC that a lot of people may not recognize, and generations of our fans don’t know how P5s really treat one another.

All this being said, if/when a P5 invite comes, take the money and run baby.

2 Likes

Plus they have the easiest shot to the playoffs.

1 Like

They’d make a lot more, 20-30 million more. Big 12 schools received about 34 million last year. Big 10 schools, and there are four more of them, took in 54 million apiece. With the SEC’s new TV deal, schools in that conference will start receiving payouts of roughly (give or take a couple million) 64 million. There are other reasons as well, but a revenue jump of some 50-100% would be most important.

2 Likes

The gap will be lower when the Big 12 negotiates its new contract. Unless the networks want the Big 12 to collapse, they’ll keep its per team media value to within $10 million of three Big 10/SEC media value.

Apples to oranges. You are comparing the new B1G nd SEC tier 1, 2, and 3 rights to the older Big 12 tier 1 and 2 rights only.

Big 12 is probably already under negotiations, plus the 3rd tier rights can be large for schools like UT and OU. Before the new SEC contract, UT was making more than most SEC schools when counting all 3 tiers. OU was making less because their tier 3 was not as valuable or poorly negotiated.

1 Like

Harsh!

1 Like

No one from the Pac will ever leave.

2 Likes