My first order of business would be

Drop the “return” game at Oklahoma.

Teams drop the returns all the time and while I hope we “stay positive” and continue building our fan base and facilities, we show some backbone and tell the Sooners where they can shove it.

3 Likes

Nope. You go on the road and beat them at their house. Show them that they are right to fear the University of Houston.

7 Likes

Keep the game and beat them.

And bring as many fans with you as possible!

Even if we beat them at their place, it doesn’t change anything. We already beat them this year at a neutral and it didn’t convince anyone to admit us.
Refusing to play anyone in the BigXII is a louder statement. Just say something to the effect that we decided it was important to play a team from a competitive conference. BigXII is perceived as nationally weak, and we don’t want to hurt our strength of schedule.

3 Likes

I say drop it. By then we’ll have Tony Levine 2.0 as the head coach.

The best possible statement would be to replace them with an…
S.E.C. team.
That way you increase SEC viewership in the greater Houston area. Remember, the best way to hit the small12 is to aim for their wallet.

1 Like

What’s the buyout?

Can we get Ole Miss, MSU or others with a good number of Houston area alumni that want to play us?

1 Like

Definitely find a replacement for any Big XII teams (tech). Don’t let them within the city limits to showcase their teams.

2 Likes

we need high profile games like OU…play the games we have scheduled…but Imthink we should play byu every year, and an sec team, i like playing acc as well…maybe add nc state, miami, unc, sprinkle in some big 10, ohio state likes to come to texas…we can make rice the only team in town playing big 12, while we increase our profile nationally by playing the other leagues.

1 Like

I hope we don’t schedule any more B12 teams and focus on other conferences. Makes no sense to let the B12 have any more free press in OUR HOUSE (HTOWN)

Again, all of our small12 games should be cancelled at once. That’s the best message to send them. That is not going to be cheap. tt played ASU a few weeks ago. Let’s schedule Washington ASAP. Their entire program now is back at the top and led by a very good Coach. This will showcase us to the PAC12 the best way possible. I hope that our leaders are doing everything that they can to get close to them. There is a huge media issue there. Our inclusion will greatly help them…and greatly lessen the small12. FOX and ESPN are the deciding factor in this. FOX should facilitate this.

2 Likes

By all means, take your ball and go home. Wrong on so many levels. The sun came up this morning, better options are on the horizon.

ESPN has made it clear they will block our ascendance to another conference when they are able to get our product for a reduced price.

2 Likes

I totally get people who are upset at the Big 12. Still, my vote would be for playing them and watching D’Eriq King burn the Sooner defense.

I agree with cancelling, especially the home games. Why give them a free ticket to recruit when they won’t allow us in their conf? There are four other P5 conferences. Not to mention Boise and BYU. Schedule them if they’ll go for it. We need a strong OOC schedule.

1 Like

I say play the games that we scheduled to show that our word is our bond. BUT the next contract will come at a high price it any big12 team wants to play in Houston against HOUSTON.

3 Likes

It would be awesome if we could negotiate with the NRG Stadium Advocare If I said that right) people for that game that kicks off the season. Make it the #HTownTakeover Classic. Schedule teams from other P5 conferences every year. You lose a home game at TDECU, but you keep the B12 OUT of Houston. Seriously, screw them.

1 Like

Clearly there is no concensus here. That will take time to take shape and even then there will be differences of opinion. Fortunately we can trust that Khator, Fertitta and Yurachek will be charting the most viable course for UH. Ironically they will almost certainly get with Mike Aresco to explore ways to enhance the status of the AAC, in addition to opening lines of communication with other P5 conferences.

I wouldn’t cancel Tech because it’s a true home/home series. I’d cancel OU because they got a sweetheart deal. They got a game at NRG with as many tickets as they wanted and then they get a HOME game in which we are rumored to get nothing much in return.

We’ve had so many big time programs back out on us; I think it’s time we returned the favor. Cancel the game and say we only do home/homes with our peers. If OU wants us to play the game, then they need to sign on to come to TDECU.

1 Like