Nate Hinton

I think that Yeoman tried to get Ken Spain to play some football, but he would not.

Leonard Mitchell played Center, just before all The Phi Slama Jama players showed up.

Ken Spain was a Parade All-America as a tight end at Houston Austin…he was offered and coveted by Darrell Royal at Texas and many others. But in the end the Coogs won out because he wanted to play hoops…and yep, I bet coach Yeoman would have loved to have had him in camp…

1 Like

I heard this Nate Hinton guy is pretty good. Discuss.

4 Likes

Riley was probably one of the Top 5 athletes to compete for UH

2 Likes

I’ve never seen threads get so sidetracked as they do on this forum

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/MOD4three/status/1219711264009740288

4 Likes

Linebacker/End with Ravens now can’t think of his name for life of me. Thought he was on BBall team for season.

Bowser…not sure he ever got in a game…maybe 1 !

2 Likes

Yes thanks yowser yowser Mr Bowser. He was at least on the team which is quite an accomplishment!!

He come from a great Christian household, where God is first and education is 2nd. His internal fire burns deep and he is always working to be better. He is willing to put in the work to improve daily!

3 Likes

Who was the tackle that played on the basketball team as well under Guy Lewis? There was one game where the other team was getting kind of rough and Guy put him in and a couple of their players were getting bounced and the roughness stopped. I just can’t remember who it was.

Leonard Mitchell manned up on a ND player and planted him in an NCAA tourney game. Kelly Trepuka ?

1 Like

Otis Grant

OG was after Guy V…

My bad. I skimmed and thought it said after Guy V for some reason.

You’re probably thinking of Leonard Mitchell, mentioned above. He was a 1st team All American DE his senior year. Think he was 6’7, 270. He played sparingly on the team that won the SWC Tournament in ‘78 and lost in the 1st round to Notre Dame in the NCAA Tournament. Remember we played really poorly in that game. It was as if winning the conference tournament was enough, and in some respects it was. Arkansas and Texas were really good that year. In fact, Arkansas got to the Final Four with the “Basketeers.”

Tom Grant played for Foster.

Thanks Sam, you’re right, it was Mitchell.

Was Tom Grant recruited by Guy V and played for Foster? Really good athlete trailing our PSJ teams.

Otis Grant played in our last SWC game against Rice and then went to the HOF and played in a basketball game the same day. But as Sam Houston said, I was thinking of Leonard Mitchell.

1 Like