Navy-FAU

Really intrigued by this Navy-FAU game tonight on ESPNU. Kiffin vs the Middies. See if Navy can reload again and whether Kiffy and Briles can put together a good offense.

Colorado State-Colorado could be one to watch too. Rams should be good this year and a win tonight would be a boost for the MWC.

7-3 Navy with about 4 minutes left in the 1st. Navy went right down the field on their drive and FAU looks like the Briles offense.

95 yard TD pass for FAU to take the lead.

Ugly game, Navy doesn’t look sharp right now.

Abey right back with a 40 yard run to put Navy back on top with 4 minutes to go in the half, 14-10.

Navy scores right before half to make it 21-10. Got a feeling they blow this open in the 2nd half.

Washington only leads Rutgers 10-7 at half.

Utah State…what the heck!!!

It’s amazing how teams for the most part know what Navy wants to do from an offensive standpoint and they still can’t stop them.

1 Like

That’s how the best offenses have always worked. From the Peyton Manning/Tom Moore One Back, to the Mike Leach Air Raid, to the John Jenkins Run and Shoot – offensive gameplanning has never been about surprising your opponent. As much as fan boards (present company included) like to get all up in arms about offenses that are predictable, the fact of the matter is that it doesn’t matter. At its core, football is still about lining up across from your opponent and having your guys beat their guys. And the best way to do that is to keep it simple, and execute. You don’t have to be a MENSA member.

5 Likes

I see what you did there…and I like it.

3 Likes

Navy demolishing them and there is now a lightening delay. End of 3rd is 35 to 13. Couldn’t happen to a nicer fella.

So glad we didn’t get Kiffin. Wrong personality for us.

7 Likes

Highlights

1 Like

Looking forward to Kyle Allen hitting some guys over the top for some big plays.

2 Likes

After watching this game I am glad kiffin is coaching somewhere else. That was some bad football last night.

1 Like

Kiffin is toxic, and FAU looked like a scout team. They have some talent, but they made mistakes repeatedly that no team should make. Like snapping the ball over the QB’s head.

1 Like