NBA suspends/cancels season

https://twitter.com/bypatforde/status/1237915096023695367?s=21

Had no idea what to believe or expect next.

Wow

From that perspective all it takes is 1 ncaa tournament player testing positive and bye bye. Seems inevitable right now.

No way the tourney is played. Rudy Gobert just singlehandedly destroyed March. Way to go, big guy. All because he thought it would be funny.

This is truly March madness!!!

Folks, this is a life style changing event

1 Like

If nothing else, maybe people will come out of this with better hygiene practices for “normal” life

3 Likes

How? They’ve hoarded all the goshdamn toilet paper!!! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Well, the Rockets was on a 5 game losing streak
saved by the bell!

3 Likes

Try Walgreens

1 game winning streak. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I think the NCAA tournament is not played.

I doubt conference tournaments are not completed.

They should let every school select one person and do the tourney on PlayStation.

The UH Geek: “IT WAS THE REFS!!!”

4 Likes

This is monumentally stupid.

2 Likes

What’s with the run on toilet paper? Is there a shortage in America? Maybe people are just reverting to their hurricane panic buying patterns.

There’s a growing number of calls to do it. And sadly it makes sense that if the NBA has cancelled, then why expose a bunch of unpaid college kids?

And I bet we’re going to have a shortened MLB season as well.

Probably no MLB season

Overreaction. MLB will just postpone their opening day and play a truncated season. That’s my guess.

1 Like

I think people are concerned that if there is a mandated stay at home quarantine they won’t have enough toilet paper. Of course, they probably don’t have enough food to justify the quantity of TP they are buying.

OR

There is a coordinated effort to TP every house in the neighborhood. Only the people buying the TP are in on it. Those of us questioning it are probably targets.

1 Like

I think it would be fine playing in empty arenas for the NCAA tourney. The issue is going to be air travel. How can you guarantee they’re not exposed while traveling to these different sites? Unless you just bracket everyone in their region. To where they can get to their games via chartered bus or something like that. I’m not sure. This is an unprecedented event.