Nebraska Fred Hoiberg

I’m glad for everyone that this was just influenza.

But I’ll stand by my “going to work knowing you’re sick and could get others sick isn’t cool.”

But I will say that there’s is very much a culture element throughout our country that praises and encourages powering through and showing up to work no matter what. And that can be hard to shake.

8 Likes

How embarrassing for Nebraska that they released an official statement saying that Influenza A is the common cold.

3 Likes

Agree. They are trying to downplay it and common cold sounds much better.

He gave a statement to a reporter saying the same thing before the school released the statement. They are in damage control mode. You aren’t allowed to make stuff up though.

Hoiberg messed up and he needs to own it.

2 Likes

Just to let y’all know, that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have coronavirus. Standard procedure is to test for Influenza. This has lead to some deaths that were chalked up to flu, but were post mortem discovered to be Covid-19.The reason being if he had the flu recently he would still test positive for it while actually suffering from another virus.

I’m just glad one poor bastard affiliated with the sports industry is taking the heat for what about 13 million Americans are doing today in some form or another.

The guy that tested positive at the rodeo is now telling the media that Fred Hoiberg served him his BBQ.

2 Likes

See Weber’s " The Protestant Ethic and the Spirit of Capitalism" and give thanks to Calvin.

1 Like

I suspect millions of people already have it. For the vast majority of people it is a very mild if undetectable cold. In allergy prone areas it’s probably being completely missed.

1 Like

And there you have it.

All three of your sentences are completely unsubstantiated.

2 Likes

Flu kills tens of thousands of people every year, mostly elderly and immunocompromised…and there’s no debating it.

Yet, I guarantee you people that go out on the internet bitching about Fred Hoiberg have gone out and infected old people with the flu when they should have stayed at home.

Twatter has made people more virtuous…at least for five or six seconds.

1 Like

Moderators…where are you… letting this BS stay on the board ?

They have the Corona virus! J/K :slight_smile:

Virtue is a relative concept. For an old sailor, I may be about as virtuous as most other old sailors. Now, that may not meet the standards of some of the rightious.

1 Like