New CB coach Grady Brown

According to Football Scoop we are hiring Grady Brown from McNeese State.

3 Likes

I don’t know much about him specifically, but I played at HBU and Mcneese has always had studs on D. Glad to hear hes regarded as a great recruiter too

I spoke with Isaiah Chambers who is grad transfer at McNeese after leaving UH. He thought highly of Grady; said he was a good coach, great person and it is certainly a loss for McNeese.

12 Likes

I feel comfortable we got ourselves a good one. A few local clips from Lake Charles.

I liked this 2018 Louisville Cardinal Media Day where he coached their corners.

Another media interview from same time period:

On recruit PJ Mbanasor from Pfkugerville on how physical this DB is coming to Louisville. Love how he explains what he does well and why.

If he is as good of coach as he is a public speaker and interviewer, we’ve got a good one.

He looks like a young college freshman with grey hair.

Lord how times have changed - a pair of former Texas Southern coaches on the same staff lol
Both were under Johnnie Cole in 2008

“Brown’s departure would create a major hole for Frank Wilson’s new staff just days before the Cowboys are set to begin their spring season. McNeese State begins its 7-game spring season next Saturday, Feb. 13, at Tarleton State”. A Spring Season, in Football? Sounds like fun to me…

Recommend following North Dakota St. They have to replace Lance at QB. They play South Dakota, one of the few schools to beat NDSU recently.

And the beat goes on…

Pittsburgh Steelers: A week after leaving McNeese State’s staff to join the University of Houston’s staff as corners coach, Grady Brown is now set to join the Steelers’ staff as defensive backs coach Matt Zenitz tweets.

That’s two now that have moved up two the pros albeit Valai has since moved yet again to Alabama. CDH seems to have a good eye for coaching talent.

https://twitter.com/zach_barnett/status/1360627130648965122?s=21

2 Likes

The positive is that our program is attracting and hiring people that the NFL wants. The negative is that we’re still without a good CB coach.

Hopefully Dana can continue to attract another good one that will stick a while.

4 Likes

FFS…

CDH seems to have a good eye for coaching talent. What is this? Is CDH the screener?

2 Likes

Maybe long enough for the coffee to get cold?