New movie 5:17 to Paris

Clint Eastwood directed the actual men who stopped a terrorist attack in 2015 on a train in France. The movie is very interesting as it starts in the men’s childhood and rolls them through their lives. Then they meet in Italy to make a trip across Europe two of them are active military and one is in college. They take a lot of selfies and party hard in Amsterdam. Then climb on a train to Paris. It was not action filled but just a story how normal guys can act like Heroes. I liked this one a bunch.

1 Like

Thanks! I read about this when it happened and it reminded me of my days in Europe as a regular army guy traveling around. These guys were at the right place at the right time and this guys gun didn’t fire. It is the classic if you are at X place and a gun is drawn then do you flee or take the guy out. The good guys won this time.

I was actually watching a video that ABC put together. About how everyone thinks they’re Rambo in an “active shooter” situation. It was an experiment where a gunman enters a college class and starts shooting up the place. They had an air gun on people with various amounts of fire arm experience. But they were just normal citizens. The video shows three people (small sample size I know). All three couldn’t get their guns out of their holsters before they were shot to death.

Point is most law enforcement will tell you not to do anything in these situations even if you carry. You can have thousands of hours at a practice range but when the adrenaline starts flowing in a real life situation you forget how to do the simplest of things, like ducking for cover or getting your gun out of the holster. This is why law enforcement and military personnel always train in stressful simulated situations. And even that’s not a guarantee they’ll do their job correctly.

1 Like

Great point! I saw a show one time saying the exact thing about how it is usually best to flee if possible. Think about how many police officers are shot and they have guns that are well maintained and practice with them regularly.

With that said, these guys were in a train with only so many places to go. Glad the good guys came out on top.

1 Like

[quote=“CougarJim1974, post:3, topic:11101”]
It was an experiment where a gunman enters a college class and starts shooting up the place. . . All three couldn’t get their guns out of their holsters before they were shot to death.[/quote]
No, seriously? I mean, someone seriously conducted an experiment in which some pencil-neck might have been shot by someone packing heat?

Well, it’s a good thing his little experiment was “successful” or his survivors would be suing the bejeebers out of whichever institution had the audacity to test the mettle of gun-totin’ “Rambos.”