Non-UH Basketball Talk - Week of 01/04/21

They’ll drop big after this one.

Edit: Nevermind. I see they’re around 50. I don’t think they’ll drop more than 25 spots.

I was just telling my dad b4 the game started that SMU will probably make the tournament as long as they don’t lose games like this…

1 Like

I’m starting to think WSU is the 2nd best team in the league this yr

5 Likes

Nice road W for UC. They have some talent. Williams took over late w great decision making.

Crazy to think. Wouldn’t sleep on Tulsa though. 1-3 looks like UH, Tulsa, and Wichita in some order.

1 Like

When was the last undefeated national champion in college basketball?

Indiana, 45 years ago.

2 Likes

Well Gonzaga will have a good chance at it. They remind of the 2017-2018 Nova team that went the whole year as the clear #1 in the nation. I think they beat everyone in the tourney by 10+ that year.

smu is still a top 3 team…they just have zero defensive discipline…smu could have won by 30 if they didnt take so many bad shot when they were up big and/or played any kind of respectable defense …but they have the talent

something that ive been thinking about for the last few days…

but i knw samspon wont do, not his style… but i really want us to schedule a projected decent seed tourney team for mid season…

playing aac teams might be schewing our belief of how good we are…and not preparing us for the tourney…would love a top 25 non-con match up in like February

1 Like

Well if we’re ranking off talent I would have UH, SMU, and Memphis but if we’re ranking the on court product I’m sticking with UH, Tulsa, and Wichita.

Like I said Cincy cannot be taken lightly

Pathetic for SMU to lose that game. Cincinnati was horrible in their decision making and shot selection all game.
SMU keeps teams in the game with their Loyola Marymount three point shot selection, and a lack of discipline on both sides of the court.
If we lose a q1 win with SMU losing then sobeit. Always glad to see them lose and this pushes us ahead of them in the standings.

1 Like

Look at the full boxscore for the Illinois/NW game. Each half extreme opposite. Really crazy game.

-15 to +25

Their big man looks tough in the paint
Speaking of tough Luka for Iowa can really play

1 Like

With one postponement, only one Top 25 team in action tonight as Michigan State hosts Purdue at 6 PM Central. It is on FS1 for any college hoops junkies in need of a fix. No AAC teams in action tonight.

USF-ECU game is sloppy but entertaining lol

Caught the end of the WVU-UT game and WVU choked in the final seconds. Missed a shot got an offensive rebound with 1pt lead and under 15 secs in the paint, big man tried a contested shot with 10 secs remaining instead of kicking it out, got fouled and missed both FTs. UT hits a 3 with 1 sec and wins. Unless you have an easy put back, you have to get the ball into the guard’s hands.

1 Like

You notice that Chaplin for USF kinda looks like Charlie Chaplin?

Anyone know what’s up with Iowa State? They give up 91 points to offensively-challenged Tech and lose by 37 on their homecourt