Non-UH Basketball Talk - Week of 2/15

What excuses will the experts make for them this time? Lost on their homecourt for their 6th loss of the season.

1 Like

Next two against KU who is starting to get it together and then at Tech who might be in desperation mode themselves. Easily could be 7-7 in conference by that point. Not sure what the Big 12 will do with rescheduled games, all 4 UT has postponed were road games with Baylor and OU two of those.

1 Like

I pointed out after the Tech last second loss a month ago where everybody was saying they could have won it at the end that luck was on their side early in the season and it would start evening out. 4-0 in 1 possession games to start, now 4 straight losses in them.

2 Likes

#17 USC about to lose at home by double digits. Mobley is talented but haven’t seen any high motor guys on that team

Once again I ask who are all these teams that should be ranked above UH?

They will have to settle for a 2 seed !!

These are teams that can be ranked above Houston -
Gonzaga
Baylor
Michigan
Villanova
Iowa
Virginia
Ohio State
Kansas

Debatable after first 3 but that would put us at 9th. No way on Kansas. Find me a metric rating system that Kansas is ahead

BTW one of the teams you listed just lost to a very average Duke team

Nice try

2 Likes

Virginia should not be rated above us. They beat no one OOC (lost to San Francisco) and the ACC has a lot of meh teams.

1 Like

Exactly, as is PAC

Watching UCLA and Arizona state. Waiting for one of them to play 10 seconds of defense. Nut job Walton has said Conference of Champions 4 or 5 times in first 4 minutes of the game

Virginia plays the kind of choking defense that will keep them in all games and win most of them. Kansas seems to be getting better and is the second best team in big 12 and so is Duke and even Kentucky is showing some life now. These teams are obviously talented with McDonald all Americans. Covid impacted them more as all are very young. I left out W Virginia though you can put them above us too.
I believe after the first 5 teams any other team is a tossup with us. But we have to keep improving. Sasser and Grimes are not playing at the level they were playing few games back. Otoh Deeky has become a complete player, we now need Grimes and Sasser back but that will still not get us past the first 5 without improved play from Mark. If Fabian is close to his old self we are getting close to that 4-5 spot.

2 Likes

Someone just looks at names on jersey. Covid hasn’t affected any of the “blue bloods” more than anyone else. Lame P5 propaganda that obviously some have bought into

2 Likes

Are you from Kansas? That’s not happening.

I watched 90% of UV/DUKE game I didn’t see anything special from Cavs n seen them play several other times this year. Some of the teams u mention likely won’t make the Tourney-- Duke, KY. It’s looked at from a totality not a game here n there.

1 Like

Folks, I agree that the whole season needs to be looked at. We lost to ECU, fans from any team outside AAC will say that a team that loses to ECU should not be in top 25. Similar to the comments I am seeing here for other teams but I have looked at what these teams can do. The top 5 I have up there are very good and better then us at this point. The remaining three are toss up but the reason I put them above is that if we play 5 games with them they will win 3 otoh we will lose 4-1 on teams 3-5 and 5-0 with the top two.

1 Like

Well there you go. There’s that.

Kentucky is 8-13.

2 Likes

Ohio St is at #4. They lost to 5-13 Northwestern.

9 Likes

Also tired of reading and hearing how superior the Big 12 is. They have 1 great team with some other good teams. TCU just lost at home by 8 to Kansas State, the same team that lost to Ft Hays.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/tayloreldridge/status/1363579183063068672?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1363579183063068672|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fcsnbbs.com%2Fthread-911389-page-173.html

Ugh so that would leave Wichita with two remaining games against Temple and Tulane. If they win both of those games they win conference, even if we add games and win out. If they lose either, we have a chance to win conference but the league is likely only 1 bid league.