Non-UH Basketball Talk - Week of 2/15

no the game at risk of being cancelled was a makeup double header … the second doubleheader game on sunday is still good to go

1 Like

We’re a one bid league at worst if it’s our bid. If we don’t get the auto bid, then we’re a 2 bid league. There is no way we are left out.

1 Like

Gotcha, guess I have to root for SMU (bleh) lol

For sure but we’re winning the damn conference tourney this year so anyone else who makes it is gonna have to grab an at large.

1 Like

Not to belabor this discussion as I was only pointing out the dangers of going by pure perception of the record. Having seen both northwestern and ecu. I can say northwestern in the earlier part of the season was playing a very high level of basketball and that is when they beat Ohio state. If they play ECU they will beat every time unless ECU plays that once in a lifetime perfect game they played against us.

1 Like

Minnesota lost a home game by 31 this week and hasn’t won a road game all year.

Rutgers has 26 points at home with 14 minutes left in game. If they lose they’ll be 12-9.

Big Ten love is wildly overdone.

3 Likes

Seth Davis will move them both up 3 spots this week.

3 Likes

Minnesota is 0-8 on the road and is projected to make the tournament. Let that sink in…

2 Likes

ECU is 7-8 with a win over UH

Northwestern is 5-13 with a win over Ohio St

NW beats Ohio State in early season and it means they can play. ECU beats us and it means we are vulnerable.

ECU has 7 wins over teams in top 250 rpi. NW has 3.

5 Likes

And those 8 losses were by a combined 125 points. They are getting killed on the road. And an NCAA team doesn’t lose home games by 30.

1 Like

Exactly. Kansas lost at home by 25 to UT. UT blows a 19-point lead at home. We get a helluva lot more criticism than those 2 combined. Now the clowns are ga-ga over Duke beating a very inconsistent Virginia

As always, thanks for providing facts rather than lazy assumptions

2 Likes

Iowa is going to to hold on to beat Penn State. They certainly benefited from some home cooking. Refs seem to protect Garza. That Flagrant 1 called on Penn State late in game was horrible

Our quickness would bother Iowa

Garza is a load so being able to trap the post and recover old be key.