Non-UH Basketball Talk - Week of 2/22

If a frog had wings, he wouldn’t bump his butt. We have to deal with what is, not what if.

As disappointing as it will be to not win the conference, especially under these circumstances, if we learn the lessons we need to learn to advance in the big tourney, it will be worth it in my mind.

Wichita also played OK State. Shockers lost on a last second desperation 3 pointer.

So WSU is 1-2 vs UH and OSU and Tech is 0-3

2 Likes

wichita coach says as oof right now, its extremely unlikely they can add a game this week

no one decent willing to come to wichita… no p5/be wants to play wichita at all… 2 high level mid major said they were willing (rumored to be toledo and colorado state) but said wichita had to come to their place…wichita was willing but it had to be on a saturday…both refused for some reason they cant do saturday

but did note that wichita is doing everything in its power to get atleast 1 of their smu/memphis games back (wichita is in desperate need of SOS)

It would be an absolute mockery to let a team with an 11-2 record take a title away from a 17-3 team. Essentially due to Covid this year’s regular season title is meaningless but letting the Shockers have it would only emphasize that.

I kind if like the idea our gus will have a chip on their shoulders to dominate the conference tournament

3 Likes

Actually if those were the season ending conference records UH would have the higher percentage according to my Giddings,Texas math…lol.

He used the wrong numbers. Best record UH can hope for rn is 14-3.

Unless we play Memphis twice next week.

Sure then we could hit 15-3 but it doesn’t change the winning percentage scenarios in any meaningful way

15/18 < 11/13

I agree…I hope WS stumbles at Tulane or Temple…unless they Covid out of those games.

Personally (of course), I like my idea of weighting the wins based on conference finish positions.

Not sure how that would turn out, but WS did not play SMU, played Memphis only once and got trounced. Not sure about Cincy.

Of course, we wouldn’t want Aresco to have to use his brain !

https://twitter.com/tayloreldridge/status/1364326470718431235

memphis beat wichita by 20 the 1st time…hoping this happens

If this happens, then we will only play Memphis once and if so, the game would be played at the FC per the AD agreement.

Unless, by next Thursday, he means this Thursday.

Isn’t Memphis supposed to play at USF a week from tomorrow ?

ive always had doubts about sampsons willingness to do a back to back… so that might not happen… likely why it was never officially put on the schedule

also memphis and usf have a 4 day break between their game next week and the previous one… they can probably move the game back 1 or 2 days

Personally, I hope they force Memphis to play at WS. I’m not sure that WS can beat Temple @ Temple…at least I am hoping that is true.

Iowa St. up on Baylor early lol

2 Likes

Georgia blowing out LSU

Michigan State up 18 on Illinois

Georgia up ten on Virginia in Tech battle

1 Like

Cyclones taking a 5 point lead into half time @Baylor. No way their lead holds in the 2nd half but just the fact that they have one is proof that anything can happen.

#16 Virginia Tech loses by 16 at home

1 Like

illinois losing to MSU 66-57