Non-UH Basketball Talk - Week of 2/8

Baylor is postponing three more games (Texas Tech and two vs. West Va were added to TCU and OU already postponed). Their last game was Feb 2nd @ Texas and their next game is now at OSU on Feb 20th. They have another game (UT) from December that has not been scheduled. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. It seems like a no-lose situation (literally) for the Bears since I don’t think there could be enough cancellations to take them out of a #1 seed in the tourney even if they did not play another game before the NCAA tourney.

Kansas beats OSU. McCormack was very good against them. KU has a pretty easy stretch of two against ISU and one against KSU. Good to hear the KU crowd sink to the “Overrated” chant when beating the #23 team in the country.

Gonzaga up 13-2 within the first 5 mins so I don’t think I will stay up to watch this one. Was hoping to see BYU give them some trouble in Utah.

1 Like

Gonzaga is going to sleep walk through there conf schedule.

a little houston nuggest, from the gonzaga game

houston and ucla (The game of the centuray year) was the only time 2 teams have stayed 1 and 2 in the polls the entire season

1 Like

South Carolina hanging with A#11 Bama, up 45-44 with a little over 16 minutes left in the 2nd half. A SC win would be good for UH

Pesik, UH and UCLA were even more separated from all the other teams in the country than Gonzaga and Baylor

58-56 bama over sc with 55secs to go

K state who lost to Fort Hays intramural squad or whatever is giving Texas all they want.

down 3 with 3 seconds …sc goes for 2 … bold strategy

I don’t think it will pay off especially with no timeouts remaining

it did not payoff

https://twitter.com/kenpomeroy/status/1359316596771102720

2 Likes

There may have been a reason why that 2 was so easy

2 Likes

KState’s passes seem like they are a beat or two too late. They set a pick and a guy gets open but they seem to pass it after the defender is able to recover.

Good game in the Little Apple. Texas up 1 with possession. 10 seconds left.

The Horns are back! Hope we can see a Fort Hays vs UT matchup down the line

2 Likes

Wow…I quit watching that game. WVU and Texas Tech are close with 8 mins left

Tech down by 2 with1:40 left. Going to be a good finish

When did Tech become Aggie-like?

Looks like a majority of their attendance are students. They’re pretty hyped

McFlopper fouls out with over a minute left in game . . . . .

Beard in epic meltdown mode.

1 Like