Now I know why Holgorsen sticks with Tune

No, he doesn’t have a point. We need Tune to get better. You don’t get better sitting out if you’re cleared to play.

1 Like

Splitstud you do no play an injured player especially if it is his hamstring. Again I might be 100% wrong (I sure hope I am) but it sure looks like clayton is not “right”. He was cleared to play? So was Greg. That cost him from being drafted but through grit Greg made it.

2 Likes

Holgorsen should swing thru Chic Fila and ask Tony how to recruit.

14 Likes

Base on what I saw tonight I prefer Ike. Zero interceptions gives the team a chance to win every game.

10 Likes

Doctors and Tune said he can play. Than you play

1 Like

I like Like.

4 Likes

Greg said the exact same thing.

Conventional wisdom supports the Coach/Trainer theory.

But how do you run and jump with a tender hammy?

Not being sarcastic but just wondering.

Can even a minor hamstring injury get better if you’re stressing it? Or does it just stabilize after a while?

2 Likes

This is it. How many times have we seen players at all level getting back on the field “cleared to play”
There is a concussion protocol. There is not a hamstring protocol. Players will and want to play hurt.
One more time I hope I am 100% wrong.

3 Likes

Definitely agree that Clayton will strap it up and go out there if allowed. But he has a history of hamstring issues, right?

2 Likes

The fact that Tune is the best QB on the roster is more of a reflection on Dana’s lack of recruiting. CAB didn’t have trouble finding one, that is for sure. If fact, he found several.

10 Likes

It wasn’t a hamstring, I know because I asked Derek and Clayton’s mom. He took a bad hit tonight and was holding his head, he came out and Ike came in. Ike would have come in eventually anyway. Why do people want the worst to happen, I don’t get it?

20 Likes

Then why did Dana say it was a hamstring? Bizarre.

1 Like

Didn’t know that he said that, I’d trust his mom over anything. He practiced the next day, no restrictions.

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1439414743786311685?s=19

Twinmom I just said in another thread thst I think he just decided to stick w Ike , once Tune had to come out. I def saw him grab his head twice. I just wish Coach would be more upfront w everything.

1 Like

My mistake

Because they are coogs fans. That’s what they do. We won our last 2 games by a combined 82 points and all they can do is talk about how bad the other team is. And give the coogs players and coaches no love.

6 Likes

I saw him holding his head as well. I do think Ike did a great job for his first game. He should be given a chance.

4 Likes

Whether it is the right approach or not - Holgorsen is telling everyone it is a hamstring issue when the QB clearly had a head injury.

Perhaps he just prefers to keep as much about injuries private as possible for whatever strategic reason he thinks. That apparently is just his approach.

Giena I have to tell you I am highly confused. I can make an assumption thinking that Clayton re-injured his hamstring. I grant you this is 100% gratuitous on my part and again I 100% hope I am wrong. Then just a few minutes ago this tweet comes out that Clayton is dealing with a hamstring injury. You know better than most than a hamstring injury can be serious and long lasting. I sure hope i am wrong. I hope this tweet is incorrect and it is indeed due to a bad hit. Please let us know. First and foremost we all want Clayton to be healthy. Then only he can fulfill his potential. Please tell Derek and the team that we are 100% behind them.
GO COOGS

1 Like