Offical Gameday Thread: UH at SMU - 6pm on ESPNU (L 45-31)

Phill bennet did a damn good job at baylor

1 Like

The thing I hate most is losing to Texas teams this year, especially SMU.

3 Likes

I robbed the 7-11 but it was on the recommendation of my friend Willie.

1 Like

He did, and he’d know how to coach a defense opposite of Briles. I’d honestly go see if he want some to coach again at the end of the year if not sooner.

1 Like

That argument doesn’t correlate.

I agree with an earlier poster. Team looked hung over. The play calling was horrible. Run after run after run with no fucking lanes. King couldn’t pass if his life depended on it. OL gave him no time No pressure on d. Missed tackles. No secondary. All in all a horrible effort.

1 Like

Which one is the worst game losing to SMU?

2012 under Levine
2016 under Herman
2018 under Applewhite

2016 under Herman. We were #11

4 Likes

The argument is the same. I’m not guilty of f-ing it up
it was the guy that told me to.

Yep, 2016
we were in the drivers seat for a NY6 bowl even after the Navy loss.

2 Likes

Both 2016 1A, 2018 1b

Getting a recommendation from a trusted coach/colleague for a hire to run the same defense does not equate to robbing a store because your friend told you so.

Agreed so bad all around. If the offense played like they have it would have been a W. But the common thread seems to be defense so that’s the whipping boy and rightfully so. It was going to rear it’s ugly head soon enough. The offense has hidden a lot of scabs. Something has to change.

2012 was the largest margin of victory for the Mustangs vs UH (72-42)
2016 we were ranked.

This wasn’t near as bad as those two.

3 Likes

That is true RedCat. But just remember in times like these it is best to take Satchel Paige’s advice. “Never look back, something may be gaining on you.”

Selfishly I wanted EO to grab a hat but I know that man has a huge career ahead of him. Can’t help but think things would be different with him in

Damn the Coogs! Making me keep it on a depressing country music playlist tonight!

Doesn’t matter what the buyout is for NoD. We can’t afford to keep him. Someone, Pezman, Ferttita is going to force a change

3 Likes

Well, now that SUCKED!!!

Let’s just hope that we got all of the “suck” out of our system and can still win out through the conference championship game.

4 Likes

2 or 3 TD drives would not have happened. No way SMU goes for it 4th and short near the end of the half if Oliver is playing. Also no way they drive 9 mins for a TD when trying to milk the clock with inside runs.

1 Like