Offical Gameday Thread: UH at SMU - 6pm on ESPNU (L 45-31)

I feel like having 6

Thanks Navy :pensive:

1 Like

Guys, we only have two losses, and a lot of you picked us to have a not so good record at the beginning of the year. If the offense did not play abysmally we would have won this game. We still have a chance to make it to the championship game with only 2 losses, and going into the season that would be an amazing accomplishment. We can still get into a decent bowl if the Coogs step up from this and make this the last blemish on the season. We did it in 2006 and we can do it again!

1 Like

Thanks for a sane response to tonight’s debacle. Hope everybody gets the BS out of their system tonight. We still have things to accomplish this year.

Dude, Applewhite hired Dorito
not Orlando.

Agreed. The West is ours and still coming for UCF! I’m still excited!

2 Likes

But Orlando did recommend him to Applewhite, so if Orlando was our coach we would still have D’nofrio.

1 Like

I could care less who Orlando hired as DC iF he was HC

Orland recommended him and Applewhite hired him. What is so hard to understand here? You are trying to push that Applewhite somehow just drew his name out of the bag. That is not what happened.

That being said, I think this should be D’Onofrio’s last season here. It isn’t working out. Orlando was wrong to recommend him and Applewhite wrong to hire him. If Applewhite keeps him next year, then Applewhite should suffer the consequences for keeping a weak link on the staff.

I would have said the same thing if Johnson had been retained.

7 Likes

Wrong, you obviously never been to CWS @ Omaha
but i hear ya, roundball and football are the big $$$ makers. Ever been to Coog baseball game? If not, come out, its good time and team has been pretty good last 5+ years, gets a decent crowd

1 Like

That is what leads me to believe Major will hire a new DC in the offseason.

1 Like

I always assumed CMA wasnt the first option

Holgorsen was. But alas, he was just playing us for more money.

1 Like

Well I assume TO was offered first and he turned it down

CMA always felt like an at least hire

No. Orlando wasn’t offered, just interviewed. Didn’t have the recruiting connections.

DA was never leaving a P5 For UH. No coach would unless they’re a dumpster fire.

He was apparently unhappy with the AD there. WV wasn’t doing well on the field either at that time.

Edit: my understanding is we thought we had a chance and put a big contract on the table. Holgorsen used it as leverage.

Fair enough.

1 Like

First trip ever and it was really awesome seeing so many Coog fans. Just sucks it such a terrible game played and especially against this collar poppers.
Honestly I We would get destroyed and embarrassed in NY6 game

1 Like