Pre-Game Thread: Armed forces bowl vs. ARMY (Dec 22nd @ 2:30pm, Ft Worth, TX - on ESPN)

playing army dec. 22

5 Likes

We have played triple option teams well this year…even without Ed.

1 Like

Could have used CMD for this game. I know you guys are thinking it. Just for this game.

4 Likes

ehh… atleast it’s something to watch

Interested to see how the redshirt situation plays out. I’m already looking forward to next year.

1 Like

Army also hasn’t played the toughest schedule even though they are 10-2 (of course, it was tougher than our own). They went 2-3 vs. FBS teams above .500 with losses to Duke and Oklahoma.

triple option teams :-/

hope everyones knees are prepared

hoping for a p5 even a lowly one

2 Likes

Blah…Throw away game…just like the last 2 bowl games.

Next up…Oklahoma

Tickets in the Houston seating area of the Armed Forces Bowl are on sale now via the Houston Athletics Ticket Office starting at $30 each and can be purchased here. Orders placed prior to Monday, Dec. 10, at 5 p.m. CT will be allocated via Cougar Pride giving level, then Cougar Pride Priority Points. After Monday, Dec. 10, at 5 p.m. CT orders will be filled and allocated on a first-come, first-serve basis, based on availability.

Season Ticket Holders who already submitted a postseason application wishing to adjust an order should email the Houston Athletics Ticket Office at tickets@uh.edu by Tuesday at 5 p.m.

UH alumni, students and fans can find Armed Forces Bowl travel package information at www.houstonalumni.com. Packages will include hotel, receptions, pregame event and travel information. All packages will be formalized by no later than Dec. 6 at 5 p.m. CT.

The bowl marks Houston’s 12th bowl appearance in the last 14 seasons and its sixth straight bowl appearance, a streak that ranks 16th nationally.

The Armed Forces Bowl will mark the eighth meeting between Houston and Army, and Houston’s fifth trip to the Armed Forces Bowl. Houston owns a 5-2 series lead over the Black Knights including a current three-game winning streak. The last meeting was a 35-21 UH win at the now extinct Robertson Stadium in Houston on Sept. 18, 2004.

With all the DL down I wonder if this is a game we see Mutin and Brown play. If Willie Smith can get reps they should too.

Especially if the alternative is a triple option G5. Will be interesting to see if other AAC teams get a low P5

The Dallas-Ft Worth area is beautiful this time of year.

1 Like

I’m in! Go Coogs!!!

2 Likes

Will we see chop blocks called?

2 Likes

Tulane gets Louisiana in the Cure Bowl
USF gets Marshall in the Gasparilla Bowl
American (Temple, Memphis, or Cincy) vs Virginia Tech in the Military Bowl

Birmingham Bowl still has to choose who they take (Temple, Cincy, Memphis) - Not sure if SEC can fill
Other bowl still undetermined

1 Like

I guess I will make the drive for this one… or call an uber.

2 Likes

Sounds like Temple is going to play Duke in the Independence Bowl.

1 Like

Hope the weather is as good as the previous Armed Forces bowl…

Anything other than what it was like at the 2nd game against Air Force? Did any of you go to that game? Had to bring the brass monkey in.

1 Like

You might think we would be more in line for that game, but given our injuries the league may have decided Temple had the best chance to beat a P5 team. We’ll see if more than 100 make the trip from Philadelphia.

I like the matchup with Army. They’re ranked #22 and will finish 10-2 if they beat Navy, so we could get two wins over Top 25 teams when we played them. But I don’t think they’re world-beaters by any stretch. Most of their wins have been close games against mediocre MAC teams. Their athletes are probably about the same level as Tulane’s, and their offense is very similar to theirs. We may have some trouble stopping them (maybe we’ll get some people back), but they’ll be hard-pressed to contain our faster, more athletic skill position players.

3 Likes

Sweet! I’m there! Hope it doesn’t get too cold by then!

1 Like