Ogbonnaya flips to Baylor

Baylor made room

1 Like

So, what other poor chump got the boot to make room for him?

Not preaching. Just venting. I spent a significant amount of my life working, not for, but with Baylor around church related issues. I cannot tell you how betrayed I feel by the path they have taken. They sold their souls to Uncle Drayton. Plus I have a lot of family members, including my daughter-in-law who are Baylor grads. So, yes I do have a lot of energy beyond Briles with Baylor and I vent sometimes.

Aside from making their undergrads attend chapel, Baylor is Christian in name only. I was there for law school from 2002-2005. In my time there, and as a Christian, I saw nothing that was discernably Christian about them. It’s incredibly frustrating and infuriating. I really wish they would formally and publicly disassociate themselves with the Christian faith rather than continue making a mockery of it.

1 Like

Not saying this about Chidi, but some recruits might think its a positive that a school would cover up their transgressions

1 Like

Personally, thats the kind of kid we dont want.

Losing Ogbonnaya raises our rating on 247

Ogbonnaya was never going to come here, even if Herman stayed. He committed early because he wanted to grab a spot before they all filled up and he wasn’t getting a lot of offers. Once the P5 offers came rolling in, he was gone (removed the fact he was a UH commit from his profile as soon as the Kansas offer came in).

Wish the kid hadn’t waited so long to make it official, but that’s the risk you take when offering some of them so early; they may actually accept it.

1 Like

I think signing the JUCO DE and getting another commit from a higher rated DE might have sealed the deal. He technically did us a favor because 3 DE in one signing period is more than enough. Maybe we fill that spot with a CB.

3 Likes

Good possibility. Agreed on CB, we need one badly.

2 Likes