OOC scheduling for B12

This was discussed on yesterday’s B12 YouTube show.

The Alliance is going to seriously curtail SOS/OOC scheduling for both the B12 and SEC. Not that they will be frozen out but simply due to the games being incentivized for the Alliance to schedule amongst themselves.

And easy remedy for the SEC/B12 is to form an alliance together. Now, that would be predicated on the SEC thinking they even need to do that.

A poster on that video had a clean, well-reasoned resolution:

Tie a scheduling alliance to OU/UT’s early exit. Make it advantageous for the SEC operationally to have a scheduling alliance with the B12.

It seemed pretty smart to me.

i’m not sure why we wouldn’t for the most part ooc with are old aac mates, tulane, smu, south fla, temple, tulsa…and cusa rice, utsa, north texas….big12 is going to be tough enough without adding sec to the mix….maybe lsu, ms st and arky ….mixed in

I was thinking that UH, UCF, and Cincy could do the same with the AAC and curtail some of the early exit fees from that conference.

Louisville did this when they exited the Big East. As a matter of fact, that is how we got Louisville scheduled for a home and home, given us the single best win at TDECU ever.

1 Like

I think we’ll be added to the scheduling alliance. Probably why the Big 12 moved so quickly on expansion.

I think so, too.

How cool would it be if the Big 12 joined the alliance and we had preseason games against Big Ten, ACC, or Pac 12 teams? I will gladly take alliance with the SEC as well. Doesn’t the Big 12 have an agreement to play SEC teams in basketball?

Nvrm. SEC/BIG 12 Challenge

If this agreement continues we’ll get a chance to play against teams like Texas, TAMU, Florida, Tennessee, and Kentucky etc

You want to schedule up in OOC not down as a conference.

I’m not talking about individual teams. The conference needs that to stay strong and relevant in the conferences of influence.

Its not so much the games themselves as much as the concept of an alliance with the SEC.

The main need for UH is to sell tickets and increase Alumni interest.

Winning does that, but against whom matters. In the 1960’s we beat Kentucky, Miss. State, Auburn, Fla. State, Miami, and Ole Miss in The ‘Dome. That mattered. Our success lead to a SWC invite.

We all know that the biggest ticket sellers would be UT and A$M. Those games would be at NRG and would make our school a fortune.

Next up would be OU and LSU. Big bucks.

However, right now, we are not competitive with those programs. Be careful what you wish for.

I’m talking about the conference countering the Alliance. I don’t care if we even end up playing the games. I want the conference looking strong. You folks are in operational mode. I’m in propaganda mode.

We need easy OOC now so we should be ok. LSU only played UCLA Then they have 3 easy ones.

Still missing what I’m saying

I hope we schedule only FBS TX, OK, LA, AR teams for ALL our OOC games going forward.
Louisiana, ULM, LaTech, Arky State, Tulane, Tulsa, NTexas, SMU, UTSA, Rice, UTEP.
Good games, easy travel for both teams - drives attendance.

2 Likes

Just quit playing programs that drop you 10 basis points on your SOS. The SEC can do that because they make it up with top tier strength “in conference.”

Maybe when we get to b12 but not in this league.

I am not worried about the alliance. When all is said and done that alliance may fall apart.

Heck we don’t even know what it is yet.

The alliance members are not sure what it is yet.

You never sit by and let other people define you. I think the B12 needs to be proactive on the PR front.

I fear if things don’t improve we will just become road kill for our conference let alone the big name OOC teams.

1 Like