OOC Scheduling news BYU and Boise

They won a national championship since bleacher Gate.

So my point is invalid because of things they have done 10 to 15 years ago? UT hasn’t finished a season ranked since 2013 and even then they were barely ranked. They haven’t won a bowl game since 2012. They haven’t been conference champions since 2009. Their conference replaced A&M, Nebraska, Missouri and Colorado with TCU and West Virginia. They have to win a bowl game to have their first winning record since 2013.

Can anyone honestly say that the state of UT’s football program is better off now than 15 years ago or that the state of UH’s football program is worse off now than 15 years ago? When we were in the SWC, we went to a few final fours and won a Heisman, but when the SWC was disbanded, what was the state of our football and basketball programs compared to where they were in 1975?

In a few years when OU bails on the Big 12, UT will come knocking on our door. Hopefully we refuse to answer.

You made your own point invalid by stating they have regressed while we have progressed since they played us. A national championship is a pretty big deal. They’ve played for it twice and won one.

https://twitter.com/c_austin_cox/status/936630206730788865

So in your opinion, in order for it to be a valid impact it would have to have had an immediate impact? Players transferring out, high school commits changing commitments, assistant coaches quitting, etc. Most of the players were already on the team when UT last played UH in Houston and Houston area recruits like Young were probably even guests to the game and slightly younger Houston area players like Orakpo were definitely watching the game. I guess they made Mack step down and fired his replacement because they liked the direction UT football has been heading the last 6 or so years.

No, to be a valid point wouldn’t have mentioned UT not trading places with us like a seesaw.

I agree with what you’re trying to say but there has to be something about UT that keeps at least 70k people showing up with their record while our attendance and tv viewership pales.

You mean 100k right?
UT helped sponsor us into the SWC back in the day
and yes they have loads of clout. There is no other school in the Big 12 that has the clout to get us into the Big 12 unless the idiots at ESPN interfere