OOC Scheduling news BYU and Boise

As it should be. Amazing that they have a recruiting philosophy that continues from coach to coach. Also, I just noticed that in the 22 years Boise has been playing football, they only had two losing seasons, in 1996 and 97, their first two seasons. That’s 20 consecutive years of winning records.

That’s an overall winning percentage of .775, 217 - 63. During the 20 year streak, they are 211-46, for .821 winning percentage. I hope the fans realize what they have up there.

2 Likes

They’ve actually drawn some of the lowest crowds at their stadium this year. Still average over 30k, but the Bloom is wearing off a bit.

Be interesting to see what they get for the CCG.

They are rebuilding. Boise State, BYU represents what true college football is all about. U of H represents the sleeping giant. Given a true P5 path I have no doubt that we can dominate the entire college football landscape. Naysayers I will again mention that our probations killed any momentum that we were STARTING to have. Again and again that is why we are not in a P5. Our potential scares every P5 opponent.

5 Likes

They are probably looking at BYU as P5 as some conferences have done. 2020 sucks because there is no P5 (or BYU) at home. Not worried about 2023 because we will be promoting the move to the Big 12 in 2024 so people will be excited…

2 Likes

P6, lots of P6 home games.

Yep, great P6 home schedule for us in 2020 with Tulane, Tulsa, UConn, North Texas, Rice, and UCF (please be good that year).

1 Like

Disappointed that we have no OU’s or Louisville’s on our schedule, but considering the circumstances it’s okay…I guess.
Not getting in the Big 12 was a real kick in the crotch for our Cougars, and things have been going downhill since. But with Applewhite at the helm hopefully the next few years I feel like this program will continue to grow in stature and will at least give us a shot at P5 when and if that time arrives.
Right now we have to concentrate on beating the teams on our schedules…along with praying our fickle fans will continue to support the program with attendance and donations…

I just have to say that this is a nice improvement to our OOC schedule. Both teams are usually decent and both make very fun road trips, especially BYU. I hope I can combine the BYU trip with a visit to some of the National Parks in Utah (though it might be a little chilly in October). I love going west, as there’s always so much natural beauty to take in along the way.

Thought UH goes to OU in 2019 and has Washington St at TDECU. Seems like UH has two “name” opponents for the next few years. If the AAC could hold onto some coaches, the conference match ups would be much more appealing as well.

Eh. Especially if they wind up losing Leach, Wazzu really isn’t that attractive of a matchup. They’re certainly not OU or UL, each of whom was contending for a national title when we played them.

And maybe Kansas will be a powerhouse by early 2020s. Scheduling in advance will always have some issues. I like the approach. It’s not a bunch of Top 10 type teams but not a bunch of G5 / FCS schools either.

Add to that, those few on here that claimed Boise State was turning us down.

It’s highly doubtful that we’ll be able to schedule and play any home games in the next 10 years against anyone who is a serious national championship contender. That is unless we’re admitted to a P5 conference in that time period. Fingers crossed.

Did we call ut-Austin?

I think they stopped answering the phone after we got the Herman buyout.

Yep, we asked and were turned down.

we offered to waive the buy out for a home and home. They sent a check for the full amount of the buy out the next day. They are so afraid of us both on and off the field.

We should have sent them a souvenir bleacher.

5 Likes

The only time we will ever play the cow college is if we are in the same conference or in a bowl game. They will never schedule us again.

Since the last time we played UT in football, our attendance is up, our facilities are better, our conference is better, our donations are better, our student involvement is better and our recruiting is better. The reverse can be said on all of that for Texas since that game. Correlation is not causation but I still say Tuck Fexas. We don’t need them.

2 Likes