Opponent Watch: Texas Tech 2018

Of course, and he will be back with the team because Cliff Bar Salisbury still hasn’t saved his own job yet.

Maybe he got the Mrs. Tuberville treatment.

I do believe the DA needs to explain why “The interest of justice cannot be served through further proceedings in this matter”.

He has season tickets courtesy of TT !

It might be a interesting human interest story for some enterprising young reporter at the Austin American Statesman or the Ft Worth Star Telegram.

The story is that prosecutors decided months ago not to pursue the case, because the evidence gathered after the initial charge indicated that someone else had committed the crime.

Why he was arrested this week, and why the case was not dismissed sooner are obvious questions.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1032424947531034624

Listened to Chris Level interview on 610 and Dakota Allen might be Big 12 defensive player of the year. Mentioned a player at TCU, too.

Tech has a seasoned offensive line, but unknowns at QB and at wide receiver. All 4 of Techs receivers from last year are in NFL camps this year. Should be a great game.

http://1340thefan.com/fearless-champion-injured-out-2018/

According to a press release from Texas Tech University on Thursday, the horse suffered a leg injury during an on-campus appearance and will not be making its usual game-day appearances this season. That includes pre-game entrance runs at Texas Tech’s first two home games against Lamar and the University of Houston (respectively), the school says. The good news is that Fearless Champion is expected to make a full recovery.

Sam Khan Jr.
ESPN Staff Writer

Texas Tech coach Kliff Kingsbury said starting quarterback McLane Carter has an ankle injury but didn’t have a further update on his status after the Red Raiders’ loss to Ole Miss. Carter left the game in the first quarter and didn’t return. Freshman Alan Bowman – who finished the game – and sophomore Jett Duffey will split reps in practice next week if Carter is unavailable.

https://twitter.com/Jake_Trotter/status/1036643929003892737

Wishing the young man luck in his recovery.

# Texas Tech QB Alan Bowman diagnosed with partially collapsed lung

Bowman was sandwiched in between two West Virginia defenders while throwing an incompletion in the second quarter at Jones AT&T Stadium. He tried to loosen up on the sideline, but eventually went back to the locker room for further evaluation.

The freshman was later taken to Covenant Health in Lubbock, where tests revealed the lung issue. Bowman still remains in observation at the hospital. There is no timetable for return.

“I went [to see him] yesterday, he’s in good spirits,” Texas Tech coach Kliff Kingsbury said. “I’ve never had a player who’s had it. But he’s doing better and he was up and alert and seemed to be in a good mood.”

1 Like

Get well young man.

2 Likes

Get well Bowman.

Dang! When he got up, I thought it was his shoulder. I have no idea how long it takes to recover from a partially collapsed young, but thankfully he’s young and has time.

Does anyone know if McLane Carter is recovered, or if Tech plans to go with Duffey?

I had the entire bottom half of my left lung collapse. Without surgery it took me about 4 months to recover.

Holy ****! Four months?!?

Yeah. Lung collapsed on a Friday morning, went to ER and they were so busy looking for a heart attack they missed the lung. I guess the big black area on the x-ray where the lung was supposed to be wasn’t clear enough. Went to my doctor on Monday and she freaked. I was in the surgeon’s office within 2 hours. By then the lung had started re-inflating by itself. I was given two choices surgery or see if it would inflate on its own, The surgery was to cut me open, crack the ribs and spread them just like heart surgery and then attach the lung to the rib cage. I decided on the no knife plan.

6 Likes

Good call