OT: How you doin'? Thread

15 Likes

Glad to hear it was a successful surgery and keep on kicking cancer’s a$$.

3 Likes

Today at PNC Park.

5 Likes

Started the process of going back to school for a computer science degree last fall – I really want a degree with a GPA that I don’t feel like I have to explain away at job interviews, and my career’s gone in a tech direction anyway. I’m graduating from San Jac in the spring, which means I have to make a whole new college decision, which is complicated by the fact that my girl is about to graduate from MD Anderson and I could be basically anywhere in the country come this time next year. Calculus II is kicking my rear.

3 Likes

Soaking up the sun for a few days of family vacation in Destin FL.

1 Like

Destroyed the long ligament in my right shoulder Thursday (analysis from retired surgeon golf buddy). ISO a orthopedic surgeon in the Sugarland area first thing Monday morning. Other than that, everything else is aok . . . . .

2 Likes

Did that radiate down toward the bicep? I’m developing shoulder problems and I don’t want to go in because I’m afraid they’ll make me quit golf.

Sharp pain when picking up a bag of potting soil. Bicep bulged much like a hiatal hernia, leaving an indention where the upper end of the muscle should be. First thought was I needed to see my Rolfer, and contacted her by e-mail. Next AM, at our daily “T” time, I visited with Dr. Wolff (retired surgeon) and he gave me a cursory exam and diagnosed, due to the visual and info about the 30+ years my shoulder has been giving me pain. He thinks that either the tendon is torn or torn loose either at the shoulder joint or where ever it is supposed to be attached at the upper end.
Short story long, my bicep looks like I’ve been pumping iron for several years. Hopefully, I’ll be in touch with one or more surgeons/staff tomorrow.

1 Like

In Philly for a summer internship. Can’t wait to get back to Houston in 2 weeks!

4 Likes

Thanks for that info. My dad had degenerative tendonitis and had both shoulders replaced. Last year I tore my bicep. And, just like yours, there was a crude indention left behind. I passed on surgery in exchange for a 30% reduction in curling strength on my left side.

I’m trying to find a supplement that strengthens tendons. I have this maniacal, dream-induced fear of being told I can’t play golf anymore. And a Coog that can’t play golf is a mean _______ ________.

2 Likes

I had lunch at Whataburger today. Chicken fingers. Could not use my right arm to feed myself. I’m only comfortable when the arm is extended straight. Cannot lift anything with right hand . . . . .

1 Like

Tear. At least that’s what my research is saying. I think I have a slight tear of something around rotator cuff. Damn. Damn. Damn.

Moving residences the last 4 days. Moving sucks. Especially when I’m moving into a smaller house.

4 Likes

Counting down the days until I’m in my seat at NRG for kick-off.

Go fishing

It better be at a small pond where he can just gently put the line in the water. :flushed:

Driving from Pittsburgh to Bristol, CT. On Interstate 80 doing about 80 near State College about noon. A deer starts crossing the highway and I just know another will follow. Sure enough, here comes another and just able to get by on the left shoulder. Not sure what happened after when a Lexus behind me stopped dead.

After the initial shock passed my wife said “God protects children and idiots”

With friends in Laguna Beach but right now sitting in LA traffic and Smog!

Beautiful picture.

You have probably tried Turmeric. It works great. Give it a couple of weeks.

Balance of nature is good too.