OT: How you doin'? Thread

A break from all the realignment, Dana, and Tune threads.

How are you doing? What’s been going on in life?

2 Likes

5 Likes

I had lunch around 12:30. :upside_down_face:

Took a big one at 1:00

3 Likes

My girlfriend texted me it’s national girlfriend day. That’s where I’m at.

really great weekend with some friends actually.

Gold Cup Soccer at NRG on Thursday then deer least / family property up in Benchley Friday / Saturday.

now…

WHEN IS THE PAC12 SENDING US AN INVITE!??!?!?!

2 Likes

I have a cold. I got done harvesting my tobacco leaves and am more drying them in my garage

1 Like

I’m returning to UH for my MS in CS. Didn’t feel that heading to VT would benefit too much in the long run, according to industry, and I want to start working as well.

Kind of sucks that it didn’t work out, but UH has always been home. My department has helped me out anytime I asked, and let me accept admission way after the deadline.

COOG ROUND TWO BABY!

13 Likes

Survived second heat stroke at Northgate Country Club.

7 Likes

2 Likes

Sold our second house last week. It was a foreclosure that I bought out of desperation after Harvey put 4 ft of water in our house…had no place to live.

Signed the papers on Friday and got paid. Feels good.

12 Likes

Had my 3rd successful cancer surgery two weeks ago. Still kicking, I am.

42 Likes

I’m great. Just had family over for a cookout by the pool in the backyard. Just came off 5 weeks of vacation. Life is good. Thanks for asking. Peace

7 Likes

Doing well here in corn country. Just got done using my chainsaw in the timbered area of the property, cutting some downed trees and rode around in my SxS.

Now drinking a Moscow mule with my bride and making shrimp pasta.

Happy Sunday to everyone!

4 Likes

So a Houston alum, living in the Midwest, is drinking a Moscow Mule, and eating…seafood.

I will say a fireman with a chainsaw makes perfect sense however. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Takes me back to my childhood. I’ve seen shade tobacco being grown, seen and smelled it drying in the barn, and been to a tobacco auction in S. Georgia. Saw my uncle test the drying process by taking a leaf, rolling it into a cigar and lighting up. Good memories from a long time ago.

1 Like

Is the for Pipe tobacco?

Cigars, I had 12 plants in my garden so I should be able to make quite a few, this will be my 4th season making them. Here are some from last season:

https://twitter.com/uhstormtrooper/status/1248246686591234048?s=21

6 Likes

Went fishing this morning. Skunked out and ended up only catching a tan. Other than that, I was more than happy to sport my UH fishing shirt and hat. I’ll take a bad day of fishing versus a good day in the office. Go Coogs!

1 Like

The Astros lost, my blood pressure is up a little bit and I have a pain in one of my teeth. But all and all I am doing pretty darn well, thanks for asking. Y Tu?