OT - Ohio State issues - Urban Meyer put on leave (Buckeyes continue to try to sully Tom Herman)

yes agreed. I’m speaking of the 2015 incident where everyone wants to bring Herman into scope when at The Ohio State Univ. The reason Urban was put on leave has do w 2015 on whether he covered up situation and not 2009 while at Florida. Anyway put too much time into already. Moving on to Coog talk.

1 Like

I don’t watch his show, but you think Nick Wright could draw the Herman’s out on this with his FS1 talk show? He’s a guy with a microphone that can get under their skin. I don’t see them touching this briar patch with a ten foot pole otherwise.

1 Like

Does anyone?

2 Likes

Nick was very critical about Herman last year and has reveled in Horn defeats. He’d absolutely love to go after him again.

Glad that drama moved on.

5 Likes

Don’t get this… how is it urban’s fault if the police were already investigating the incidents. Let’s see the facts before we drag these guys down, they too have families.

1 Like

No one is saying it’s his fault but one of his values for his team is to respect women. He wasn’t living that out by keeping this guy on staff. This guy had a history of domestic violence. Meyer also flat out lied about knowing about it just last week. The facts are pretty clear on this one.

1 Like

No I know neuuuuuting about this & I am staying at uta. You can still find it if you do a search.

espn did take their page down.
http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=18133561

1 Like

I would say the coaches recruiting against Meyer have a lot of ammunition to show prospective recruits. I don’t think many parents would want to entrust their son to sadistic a-hole. Sooner or later the word gets out on these guys and the Concussion King in Austin will eventually get his just dues as well.

2 Likes

I used to think the same until I realized how many parents were lining up to send their kids to Indiana in the Bobby Knight era. Sadly, I don’t think a lot of these parents care as long as their kid gets to the next level.

6 Likes

Understand that Coaches get to where they are in the college ranks less on their knowledge of X’s and O’s and more on their sales abilities.

The parents are being sold as much as the players.

It is a pretty cynical business and it probably always has been.

2 Likes

That is a great point. I don’t care what you say about TH, he was a salesman. He sold UH to recruits and parents and he sold UH and Houston to the media. Doing all of that, he was also selling himself for his next coaching gig. Today’s head coaches have to be very good salesmen and I hope CMA can also be one. So far with transfers, CMA is doing a very good job. Hopefully it will translate into a very good season.

1 Like

It’s no less cynical than any other business. Every one everywhere starts at actually doing specific things. But as you move up the ranks abilities matter less and selling yourself, your vision, and such matter more. No one expects a CEO to run a production line or do lots of day to day stuff. Same with a head coach at that point selling is way more important, you hire others to execute.

Hahahhahaa.

The end.

What a bag … why do I have the feeling that the Herman Estate in Austin is being constructed from glass.

2 Likes

This is going to be a huge story.

Brian Davis

Verified account

@BDavisAAS
Follow Follow @BDavisAAS
More
Herman also addressed the Snook claim that he and Michelle helped pay Courtney Smith’s legal bills: "In March of 2017, my wife assisted her friend Courtney Smith during a time of financial need. We have not provided any financial assistance since then.” @statesman

12:08 PM - 11 Aug 2018

Wtf…

Moving this all to this topic since it goes along with it.

I will say this; if this is true, not sure how Herman gets away with knowing what was going on and not reporting. Incident happened 3 years ago.

More:

https://brobible-files-wordpress-com.cdn.ampproject.org/i/s/brobible.files.wordpress.com/2018/08/jeffsnook23.jpg?quality=90&w=768