OT: Who to root for? TSU@ Rice

TSU showed us a lot of love when they let us use their basketball facilities during the Fertitta Center Renovation/rebuild. They are a good neighbor and a better friend to us than Rice ever was. I careless for the nerds and I hope TSU beats them. Ruck Fice! Go Coogs!
Go Tigers! Get that W!

2 Likes

NEVER NEVER…Not EVER!! go TSU…

2 Likes

And that is why I love playing because many of our fans at least show a pulse. TSU is a block away and travels terrible, just a tad behind the Owls

1 Like

I have a sinking feeling our SOS will not be a factor this year. Get after em TSU.

1 Like

Texas Southern all the way. Our history with them, their history in Houston, and how we help each other out have mutual respect for each other.

Arroz sucks but I went to PV, so… can’t they both lose?

My dad went to TSU, TSU is good people and I don’t like Rice.

1 Like

Our schedule sucks, pull for whoever.

1 Like

TSU let us use their facilities while we were updating Hofheinz Pavilion. Nerds?

1 Like

TSU - lol

there have been plenty of TSU alums kids who’ve helped make a lot of Power 5 programs rich over the years. They’ve been more generous overall to the NCAA lol

@bigmccoog TSU and UH is a better basketball rival than UH/Rice honestly and could’ve been one for the ages if the schools would’ve played from the beginning except sporadically. Rice wants no part of TSU now and UH/TSU won’t be played anytime soon.

and remember - Elvin Hayes was a gift from a TSU coach lol along with Warren McVea

There is no scenario here that will make our SOS look any better than it is

McVea could have gone anywhere. He was known by every recruiter in the world including UT but since he was black that was a no go.
TSU knew Hayes would probably have gone to Grambling thus the love for UH lol.
I have nothing against the Tigers and even though UH would have nothing to gain I think it be a better hoop series than Rice!

OOS > MOB

UH has nothing to gain now but it would’ve been an intense one if they played when both teams were getting blue chip talent from all over. Everyone says the pickup games were better anyway lol

Oddly enough hoops are the stronger programs at UH and TSU now and would make for a good game but we rather schedule another swac school instead

Does it really matter, both teams are underdogs, but I will go for Rice just because they are on our schedule and it looks better if they at least can beat an FCS scrub team.

TSU – all day, every day, and twice on Sunday.