Other Universities - Who Cares?

The Cows wore that one out too.

Was SMU all-white at that time? Yeah, times have really changed!

I find reading other boards very interesting. You can learn a lot about the state of college football in general from other viewpoints. It allows you to see why some teams are just arrogant, some want to just compete, some are in it for the money, etc… All though have viewpoints that can help understand their comments and have better football discussions about both on and off field football…

2 Likes

Also, I’ve never heard that term regarding UH anywhere but this forum. Not sure bringing it back up from 40 years ago is a good thing. Let it disappear from common knowledge.

3 Likes

So what do you take from the Kansas and KSU fanbase about the general state of things. Are they that different?

Cougroes incident was in the late 70’s UH vs SMU BB game. Some students at SMU created some signage with those words created big stink for sure. I was attending UH during those yrs. Actually the Cougar Daily may have a photo in there archives

1 Like

I posted a photo above. I’m sure there are many more though

I attended UH in the late 80s/early 90s and attended many road games. It was still common usage then at a lot of opposing stadia

1 Like

We can go ahead and move by this. I’m sure the coke-snorting, wife beating, trust fund draining racist derelicts who said it have had change of heart.

And I’m not describing all SMU alums this way. Just 99.9999% of them.

2 Likes

People on this board have been complaining we don’t have rivals since the Helton days so it looks like all that is about to change.

I agree. I think the office hate is about to amplify. I can’t wait. So happy Tilman pushed this through.

1 Like

Nailed it.

I first became a UH fan in 1976 when I enrolled in night school there. I heard that term at several games throughout the late 70’s and early 80’s. The hate was plain for anyone to see and it was mainly due to breaking the race barrier, particularly at QB. My UT alum department manager at B&R told me he would rather have a black son-in-law than a black QB at UT.

But times and things have changed for the better in the last 40 years. I was born in January of 1947 and grew up in the 40’s, 50’s, and tumultuous 60’s and things were really different back then. Those who say nothing’s changed either have an agenda they are promoting or just weren’t around 40 or 50 years ago. Either way they are dead wrong.

7 Likes

You SIR deserve post of the day.

I don’t know about you, but I can’t think of any alums of other Big 12 schools that I’ve worked with. I’ve worked with a couple Aggies and Longhorns and even a handful of Owls, but Tech and Baylor and TCU are pretty much non-existent 'round these parts in my experience.

1 Like

GoEMAW board for KSU is a fun read at times. Haven’t been there much lately though. They were rather doom and gloom but in a funny way. Reminds me of Shaggy at times when it was around.

I don’t check Kansas as their football board was very inactive and I am not a basketball person.

And Iowa St?

And the real smack talking is gonna be GOOD!!

They call us “outlaws”? That’s funny! There are a lot of schools that would be very well represented if anyone ever put together an “all-criminal record” team (made up of players & former players with criminal records), UH just doesn’t happen to be one of them.

This is the current demographic for SMU