Our new coach!

In the search of a new coach there are a few things to consider. Yes getting the OC from Ohio State was a good hire. We will always be a stepping stone but we would like to get more than two years out of that step…I like a couple people for the new job. ASU’s OC Chip Lindsey, came from Troy State to Auburn then to a struggling So, Miss, developed a QB who was not highly recruited to CUSA player of the year and broke all Bret Favres records. Went to a struggling ASU and put up big number with the #2 QB but suffered behind the last place defense in the country. Injuries also killed them with over 175 starts missed. At USM had a 4600yd passer with two backs over 1000 yds.
He is a guy that would probably be here 7 to 10 years for he is young and won’t be ready early for a power 5 HC job…
Brett Lashley …OC auburn…another good candidate but I’m tired of typing…

1 Like

Lindsey’s name is heating up at SMU, Georgia State and OC jobs at LSU and Auburn and Alabama if Kiffin leaves…

Gotta admit, had barely noticed him at Southern Miss. Reading up on him he’s pretty impressive working with quarterbacks. However, even though he has the title I question his status as an OC. Not saying he’s not qualified - just being careful.