P Ryan Hanson will walk-on at Houston

Only if they could tell the future. Those posts were made in July.

I know.

I believe you must not have been watching Dane punt. He has been placing punts inside the 5 or 10 all year and has boomed a whole lot. I think he had several today of 55 to 60 yards. I am amazed at your post.

Wasn’t he put on the Ray Guy award list before the season? I think so.

1 Like

Clearly the prior staff did a poor job coaching our punting game with bias towards no return pooch punts
 he only this year is using rugby style which what I expected he would have kicked all 4 years.

2 Likes

Did I miss something?

I don’t think he nor anyone else has ever claimed he is an American. Australia is an ally of the US so I don’t think veterans would be offended by him draping the Australian flag over his back. Unless I missed something I don’t think he did anything wrong.

Coogs Aunt coming in hott!!! Who is Ryan Hanson? If we had more players like Dane Roy and Grant Stuard we would be undefeated. These guys were the heart of defense/ST so I’m not understanding why folks are bashing the punter. Yes he’s from Australia. Everyone knows that. Nothing wrong with that.

2 Likes

Apparently, we have another Aussie punter on the way in as well.

2 Likes

Love Dane Roy and his Aussie flag, and I’m a veteran.

6 Likes

As an out of town Coog, what did Dane do?

He’s not an American, he’s not obligated to participate in our patriotic rites if he doesn’t want to. As long as he stood attentive and didn’t try to disrupt, he at least followed custom as a citizen of an allied country.

If anything, if he really did carry the Australian flag then I’m glad he did
you don’t see a lot of patriotism outside the US

1 Like

youre going to have a hard time watching next years team then. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Go somewhere else with that nonsense grandma. Dane is an incredible ambassador of this university and is a better Coog than you’ll ever be.

@Coogfans2ndAdmin @pray10

Time to show her the door.

1 Like

Dane did nothing wrong. On a night when we saluted our great vets and military, he showed a little pride in his own country by coming on the field draped in his country’s flag.
Dane had a great year punting the football and has been a great ambassador for UH in a year when not much else went right

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with Roy. Roy does listen to his coach unlike others on special teams, especially when it is for their own good and they steadfastly refuse to do what the coach is asking.

If the fellow wants to honor his home country, that is fine. As long as it meets the standards of his home country.

As far as Americans are concerned we should not drape the American flag. It is not an article of clothing and it is against the flag code.

Even at the olympics. I have no problem with Americans running around properly displaying the flag after a victory - God Bless the USA. It should not be draped like a towel after a victory.

I know the athletes did not enroll in a flag course and mean no disrespect but their official handlers should know better.

1 Like

I thought I must have missed something but I guess him coming out with the flag of Australia is what’s causing a fuss. After reading the other threads I see there’s an agenda against Roy.

That said, he seems like a guy that really loves where he comes from. He also seems to have enjoyed his time here. His family was in town and he wanted to represent Australia, nothing wrong with that. It’s not like he moved to the States because Australia sucked and now he’s telling us how great Australia was and how terrible the US is.

Like I said above though, clearly there’s an agenda.

3 Likes

I don’t have any problem with the draping around your shoulders, celebrating with your flag after winning an international event is one of the best things to watch and I’m not expecting the athlete to fold up the flag after a victory lap. Now no body should pull a Kid Rock and cut a hole in the flag to wear it like a poncho.

But back to topic. Have we heard who the new Australian punter will be? I assume he will be competing with Hanson for the job.

Me too .

Good lord, if Hanson was good enough to beat out Roy, he would have been the starter.

There’s a reason why most players’ family members dont make posts.

Looked at her post history. Its Hanson’s aunt and he was probably venting about not beating out Roy or she simply took it upon herself run her mouth on here.

1 Like